- Volume 52 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Optimal Arrangement of Resilient Mount installed on Frame Support Structure at Shipboard Equipment under Shock Load
충격하중하의 탑재장비 프레임 지지구조의 탄성마운트 배치 최적화에 관한 연구
Ji, Yong Jin;Kwak, Jeong Seok;Lee, Hyun Yup;Kim, Sung Chan
- Received : 2014.12.15
- Accepted : 2015.06.17
- Published : 2015.08.20
Shipboard equipment in naval ships should be designed to be safe under the shock load. Very high stress due to the shock load can be effectively reduced by the resilient mounts considering the mount capacity and dynamic characteristics. An optimum arrangement of resilient mount installed to absorb the shock energy is addressed to assess the safety of ship structure and shipboard equipment subjected to the shock load. Structural responses are analyzed for both frame structure supporting the shipboard equipment subject to the shock load with and without the resilient mounts. The shock absorbability of the resilient mount is evaluated by the results of structural response analysis; meanwhile, several types of shock analyses considering the arrangement of resilient mounts are carried out and the shock responses are compared to verify the effect of the arrangement. Thereafter, optimum arrangements are obtained by means of Genetic algorithm (GA) considering the different capacities of resilient mount. Stress, deformation and dynamic feature at the frame structure supporting the shipboard equipment under the shock load are also discussed in order to meet the capacity of resilient mount.
Resilient mount;Shock load;Optimization;GA;Grillage
- Naval Sea Systems Command, 1989. Military Specification MIL-S-901D(NAVY), Shock tests, H. I. (High-Impact) shipboard machinery, equipment, and systems. Washington D.C., USA: Department of the Navy.
- NAVSEA 0908-LP003-3010 Rev.1, 1995. Shock Design Criteria for Surface Ships. Published by Direction of Commander, Naval Sea Systems Command: Washington D.C.
- Park, J.H. Chung, J.H. Kim, G.H. Cho, D.S. & Kim, B.H., 2001. A study on the optimum layout design of resilient mounts for shock & vibration isolation. Proceedings of the Korean Society for noise and vibration engineering conference, November 2001, pp.755-760.
- Federal German Army Procurement Office, 1985. BV043 Shock Resistance Experimental and Mathematical Proof. Federal German Army Procurement Office: Germany.
- Han, S.H. Lee, H.Y. Ji, Y.J. & Chung, J.H., 2011. A study on the shock response spectrum for shock resistance of shipboard equipments. Proceedings of the Annual Autumn Meeting, SNAK, Mokpo, 3-4 November 2011.
- Kim, B.H. Chung, J.H. Chung, J.A. Kwak, J.S. Bae, J.W. & Kim, J.S., 2004. Development of the rubber mounts for naval shipboard application and the optimal shock/vibration isolation design system for equipments. Proceedings of the Korean Society for noise and vibration engineering conference, November 2004, pp.381-386.
- Mitchell, M., 1998. Introduction to Genetic Algorithms. A Bradford Book: London, UK.