- Volume 52 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Examination of Modeling Methods for Tower Crane Transportation using Multibody Dynamics
다물체 동역학을 이용한 타워크레인 운송 모델링 방법 연구
Jo, A-Ra;Park, Kwang-Phil;Lee, Chul-Woo
- Received : 2014.12.17
- Accepted : 2015.07.20
- Published : 2015.08.20
When a tower crane is carried by a transporter in shipyard, the height and length of the tower crane should be adjusted to meet the safety guidelines. Since the guidelines came from the field experience, the safety limitation needs to be analyzed by a computer simulation. In this paper, modeling methods are addressed to implement the appropriate transportation simulation of a tower crane. For the relation between the tower crane and the transporter, normal contact force, friction force, and kinematic constraints are compared. Assignment of relevant linear acceleration and angular velocity is considered for the transporter to start or move on an inclined ground surface. By using the examined modeling methods, the dynamic motion of tower crane transportation is analyzed by a dynamic simulation program, and comparison between the simulation result and analytic solution is made to verify the feasibility of the modeling methods.
Tower crane;Transporter;Dynamic motion simulation
- Cha, J.H. Ham, S.H. Kwon, J.H. Roh, M.I. Lee, K.Y. Park, K.P. & Suh, H.W., 2008. Simulation of dynamic response of a heavy cargo suspended by parallel connected floating cranes. Proceedings of the SNAK(Society of Naval Architecture of Korea) Fall Conference, Changwon, Republic of Korea, 12-14 November 2008, pp.921-930.
- Choi, C.K. & Yoo, H.H., 2012. A Dry Friction Model to Realize Stick for Simulation of the System with Friction and Accuracy Verification of the Friction Model. Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, 22(8), pp.748-755. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2012.22.8.748
- Choi, J.H., 2009. A Study on the Analysis of Rigid and Flexible Body Dynamics with Contact. Ph.D. Thesis, Seoul National University.
- FunctionBay, Inc., 2012. Recurdyn/Solver Theoretical Manual. Soth Korea: FunctionBay, Inc.
- Lee, S.H. & Rhee, S.Y., 2012. Dynamic Modeling of a Wheeled Inverted Pendulum for Inclined Road and Changing Its Center of Gravity. Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, 22(1), pp.69-74. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2012.22.1.69
- Sim, J.H. Park, Y.J. & Park, Y.S., 2013. Analysis of dynamic characteristic of three-wheeled vehicle in respect of mass center change. 2013 Spring Conference of Dynamics & Control Section in the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, Jeju, Republic of Korea, 4-6 June 2013, pp.41-42.
- Smith, R., 2006, User Guide, v0.5, Open Dynamics Engine.
- Development of a transportability evaluation system using swept path analysis and multi-body dynamic simulation vol.31, pp.11, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-017-1030-3