- Volume 64 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Automated Inductance Measurement of a Switched Reluctance Motor Using Voltage Integration Method
전압적분법을 이용한 SRM의 자동화된 인덕턴스 측정
Noh, Jeongmin;Kim, Jaehyuck
- Received : 2015.03.02
- Accepted : 2015.07.27
- Published : 2015.08.01
This paper describes the accurate inductance measurement of a switched reluctance motor (SRM). Conventionally, the inductance of the SRM is measured using the equivalent circuit of a stator phase or time constant of exponential current transient. This paper presents an effective method to measure the SRM inductance accurately and rapidly using automated voltage integration. The proposed method is validated experimentally by comparison with the existing equivalent circuit method (ECM) and the FEA(finite element analysis) simulation.
Inductance measurement;Switched reluctance motor;Voltage integration method
- R. Gobbi, N.C. Sahoo, and R. Vejian, “ Experimental Investigations on Computer-Based Method for Determination of Static Electromagnetic Characteristics of Switched Reluctance Motors,” IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., vol.57, no. 10, pp.2196-2211, Oct. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2008.922095
- K. Ha, S.-G. Oh, B. MacCleery, and R. Krishnan, “An automated reconfigurable FPGA-based magnetic characterization of switched reluctance machines,” in Proc. IEEE ISIE, pp. 839-844, June 2005.
- Benjamin Rudolph, “Nonlinear Deadbeat Current Control of a Switched reluctance Motor”, MS thesis, Virginia Tech, Nov. 2009.
- Bimal K. Bose, “Power Electronics and Motor Drives Recent Progress and Perspective”, IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 56, No. 2, pp. 581-588, Feb 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.2002726
- M. Ehsani, I. husain, and A.B. Kulkarni, “Elimination of Discrete Position Sensor and Current Sensor in Switched Reluctance Motor Drives”, IEEE Trans on IA, Vol. 28, pp. 128-135, Feb 1992.
- R. Krishnan and P. Materu, “Measurement and Instrumentation of a Switched Reluctance Motor”, IEEE IAS Annual Meeting, vol. 1, pp. 116-121, October 1989.
- J. C. Prescot and A. El-Khavashi, “A method for measuring self inductances applicable to large electrical machines,” Proc. Inst. Electr. Eng.,vol. 106, pt. A, pp. 169-173, Apr. 1959.
- R. Krishnan, Switched Reluctance Motor Drives -Modeling, Simulation, Analysis, Design and Applications. Boca Raton, FL :CRC, 2001.