- Volume 64 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Development of 4Hz Medical Ruby Laser System with Double Cavities using Multi-Resonant Converter
다중 공진형 컨버터를 이용한 이중 캐비티 구조의 4Hz 의료용 루비레이저 시스템 개발
Lee, Jae-cheol;Zheng, Tao;Shengxu, Piao;Xu, Guo-Cheng;Kim, Hee-Je
- Received : 2015.02.02
- Accepted : 2015.06.11
- Published : 2015.08.01
Various laser systems have been widely used in almost all industrial technologies because they have high energy density, directivity and coherence. Recently the clinical application is becoming wider in medical parts such as incurable disease, diagnosis and so on. Generally, ruby laser beam has the greatest efficacy for removing tattoos, freckle and other skin problem. But current medical ruby laser system has the maximum repetition rate of 2Hz and optical output beam energy of 1J. Many medical doctors really want to have a high repetition ruby laser system because that can reduce the operation time. We investigated a new ruby laser system with high repetition rate of 4Hz using double cavities. Furthermore, we develop a new power supply system adopting zero voltage switching(ZVS) to minimize switching loss by LLC resonant converter designed as 2kW class.
Ruby laser system;Double cavities;Multi-resonant converter;Zero voltage switching
- UCC25600 Datasheet, Texas Instruments, 2011.
- Sakura Sikander, “Minimization of a CW CO2 Laser Output Ripple by using High Frequency Resonance Phenomena”, KIEE, 2013.6
- Hee-Je Kim, “Development and operational characteristics of high repetition rate and high power pulsed Nd:YAG laser”, KIEE, 1996.6
- Optical Society of Korea, Optical Science and Technology Vol. 14 No. 2, 2010. 4.
- Sundal Song, "Laser Application in Medical Area", Daseong, 2001.
- O. Svelto, "Principles of Lasers, Plennum Press", 1982.
- Jin Yun-Sik, Kim Hee-Je, “Fabrication of Compact Ruby Laser and its Operation Characteristics”, KIEE, 1995.7.
- John F. Ready, “Industrial Applications of Lasers”, Academic, 2005.
- Hee-Je Kim, "The variety of Laser Applications", INTERVISION, 2006.
- “App Note 500–Calculating Capacitor Charge Time”, TDK-Lambda, 2009.
- Dong-Hyun Kim, Jae-Hun Jung, Hee-Je Kim, “Development of Medical Ruby Laser Power Supply using LLC Resonant Converter”, KIEE, 2014.7
- Sungwan KIM, Changsun, “The efficiency Characteristics of LLC Half-Bridge Resonant Converter”, KIEE, 2011.7.
- Hong-Huang, “Designing an LLC Resonant Half Bridge Converter”, Texas Instruments, 2009.
- Sam Abdel-Rahman, “Resonant LLC Converter : Operation and Design”, Infineon, 2012.