- Volume 31 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Studies on patient's perception and awareness of health insurance coverage for smoking cessation treatment in dentistry
치과내 금연치료 건강보험 적용에 관한 환자 인식도 및 의식 수준에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.06.22
- Accepted : 2015.07.14
- Published : 2015.09.30
Purpose: Recently, smoking cessation treatment at dental clinic can be covered by national health insurance. The aim of this study is to evaluate the awareness on the health insurance coverage for smoking cessation treatment in dentistry. Materials and Methods: The survey was carried out on 100 new patients of the patients in Dankook Dental Hospital from March to April 2015. The Questionnaire consists of 18 items. Results: The results show that many of patients expect positive effects of the treatment but most of the respondents were not aware of the initiation of health insurance coverage smoking cessation treatment in dentistry. Conclusion: The government and ministry of health should pay more attention to the promotion of the smoking cessation treatment in dentistry.
smoking cessation;heath insurance;dentistry
- Korea Central Cancer Registry, National Cancer Center. Annual report of cancer statistics in Korea in 2012. Ministry of Health and Welfare; 2014. p.12-23.
- Seol SY, Lee SJ, Jeong MH, Rhee JA, Choi JS, Hwang SH, Ko JS, Lee MG, Sim DS, Park KH, Yoon NS, Yoon HJ, Kim KH, Hong YJ, Kim JH, Ahn Y, Cho JG, Park JC, Kang JC. Clinical outcomes of persistent smoking in patients with acute myocardial infarction who underwent percutaneous coronary intervention. Korean J Med 2011;80:562-70.
- Degens H, Gayan-Ramirez G, van Hees HW. Smoking-induced skeletal muscle dysfunction: from evidence to mechanisms. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2015;191:620-5. https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201410-1830PP
- Asfar T, Lam BL, Lee DJ. Smoking causes blindness: time for eye care professionals to join the fight against tobacco. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2015;56:1120-1. https://doi.org/10.1167/iovs.15-16479
- Liebrechts-Akkerman G, Lao O, Liu F, van Sleuwen BE, Engelberts AC, L'hoir MP, Tiemeier HW, Kayser M. Postnatal parental smoking: an important risk factor for SIDS. Eur J Pediatr 2011;170:1281-91. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00431-011-1433-6
- Korean Dental Association. Dental smoking cessation treatment guide book. Seoul; KDA; 2011. p.4-10.
- Doll C, Nack C, Raguse JD, Sticker A, Duttenhoefer F, Nelson K, Nahles S. Survival analysis of dental implants and implant-retained prostheses in oral cancer patients up to 20 years. Clin Oral Investig 2015;19:1347-52. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00784-014-1359-2
- Kotsakis GA, Javed F, Hinrichs JE, Karoussis IK, Romanos GE. Impact of cigarette smoking on clinical outcomes of periodontal flap surgical procedures: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Periodontol 2015;86:254-63. https://doi.org/10.1902/jop.2014.140452
- Hwang JM, Kim EG, Cho YS, Park YD. Estimation of socioeconomic costs on smoke-related oral diseases. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2010;34:613-20.
- Song MT. Changes in smoking rates of male adults in Korea and smoking cessation policy: focus on smoking cessation clinics. Health and Welfare Policy Forum 2011;3:55-63.
Supported by : 한국연구재단