- Volume 35 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Identifying Universal Design Factors for Reducing and Preventing Negligent Accidents in Urban Railway Station
도시철도 역사 안전사고 감소 및 예방을 위한 유니버설디자인 요소 도출
- Kwon, Youngjong (The Korea Transport Institute) ;
- Kim, Sigon (Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Hwangbae (Namseoul University)
- Received : 2015.05.26
- Accepted : 2015.06.03
- Published : 2015.10.01
Negligent accidents in urban railway station not only give damages to users but also cause avoidance of public transport usage. This study aims to identify design factors in designing urban railway station for reducing and preventing negligent accidents in the station. Especially this study identifies design factors from the perspectives of universal design concept which is for all persons. This study classified negligent accidents in urban railway stations, analysed degree of danger and identified the causes of accidents. Then this study identified universal design factors based on the results of analysis on the priority of accident factors relating to negligent accidents. The results of this study can be utilized as basic data in designing urban railway station for reducing and preventing negligent accident in urban railway station.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Kang, B. K., Lee, J. H., Kim, S. W., Kang, T. S. and Byun, S. H. (2014). "A study on uneversal design critical factor of the urban railway station." Korea Institute of Health Architecture, Vol. 20, No. 2, 2014. 5 (in Korean).
- Kang, G. S., Kim, S. G. and Kwon, Y. J. (2015). "Preventive measure to establish the direction drawn through the city railway safety ever thoutht analysis." (in Korean).
- Kim, H. J., Lee, D. H., Kim, C. S. and Jeong, M. G. (2008). "Perceived discomforts in daily activities of aged, handicaped, and pregnant users to identify universal degign factors." Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers (in Korean).
- Kim, S. T., Byun, H. R. and Choi, R. (2013). "Evaluation and analysis on the characteristics ofuser-friendly rail passenger facilities according to universal design." Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol. 29, No. 1, 2013. 1 (in Korean).
- Mace, R. L., Hardie, G. J. and Place, J. P. (1991). "Accessible environment: Toward Universal Design in W.E. Preiser, J.C. Vischer, E.T. White(Eds.), Design Intervention: Toward a more human architecture, Van Nostrand Reinhold, NY.
- Robert, F. E. (2007). "Universal and accessible design for products, services, and processes." CRC Press.