- Volume 24 Issue 9
To investigate thermal environment and effect of clean-road system over a broad way, we conducted the filed meteorological observation during 12~13 August 2014. The clean-road system was employed over a part of the broad way of Dalgubul(Dalgubul-Daero) by Daegu Metropolitan city in 2011. The clean-road system in general is operated two times(4 am, 2 pm) during summertime. In case of scorching alert, the system is operated 3 times a day(4 am, 2 pm and 4 pm). To evaluate the present thermal condition and the improvement effects due to the system, we analyzed the time variation of discomfort index and WBGT(wet-bulb and globe temperature). WBGT was more than 25 during 8 a.m. ~ 9 p.m. And discomfort index was more than 75 during 8 a.m. ~ 11 p.m. The thermal improvement effect of the clean-road system was restrictive during daytime.
Clean-road system;Discomfort Index;WBGT
- Nakamura, S. and Kitamura, K., 1987, Meteorological Data Manual, Maruzen Press, 204pp.
- Kimura, F., Takahashi, S., 1991, The effects of land-use and anthropogenic heating on the surface temperature in the Tokyo metropolitan area: A numerical experiment, Atmospheric Environment, 25, 155-164.
- Mizukoshi, S., Yamashita, S., 1993, Introduction to climatology, Kokin Press, 144pp.
- Kusaka, H., Kimura, F., Hirakuchi, H., Mizutori, M., 2000, The effects of land-use alteration on the sea breeze and daytime heat island in the Tokyo metro-politan area, Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan, 78, 405-420. https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj1965.78.4_405
- Sailor, D. J., 1995, Simulated urban climate response to modifications in surface albedo and vegetation cover, Journal of Applied Meteorology, 34, 1694-1704. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0450-34.7.1694
- Taha, H., 1996, Modeling the impacts of increased urban vegetation on ozone air quality in the south coast air basin, Atmospheric Environment, 30, 3423-3430. https://doi.org/10.1016/1352-2310(96)00035-0
- Taha, H., 1997, Modeling the impacts of large-scale albedo changes on ozone air quality in the south coast air basin, Atmospheric Environment, 31, 1667-1676. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1352-2310(96)00336-6
- Kim, H. D., Kim, S. B., 2001, On the property of climatological environment with discomfort index in Korea, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 10, 129-133.
- Ichinose, T., 2002, Counteractions for urban heat island in regional autonomies: Activities in Councils of MoE, Japan, Journal of Atmospheric Environment of Japan, 37, A71-A84.
- Ando, H., Shioda, T., Moriyama, W., Kojima, S., Ishii, K., Izumi, T., Mikami, T., 2003, Spatial structure of summer temperatures over the urban area of Tokyo in 2002, Annual Report of Tokyo Environmental Science Research in 2003, 81-87.
- Kim, H. D., Lee, S. O., Goo, H. S., 2003, On the warming effects due to artificial constructions in a large housing complex, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 12, 705-713. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2003.12.7.705
- Koo, H. S., Kim, H. D., Kang, S. D., 2004, Numerical simulation experiment on the wind ventilation lane of the local circulation winds in Daegu, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 13, 367-376. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2004.13.4.367
- Moriyama, Y., 2004, Technology and Countermeasure against Urban Heat Island, Kakugei Press, 206pp.
- Lee, S. H., Kim, I. S., Kim, H. D., 2008, A study on the impact of an improved road pavement technology on the thermal structure of atmospheric boundary layer, Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, 24, 551-561. https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2008.24.5.551
- Hujibe, H., 2012, Urban Climate Variation and Abnormal Meteorology, Asakura Press.
- Kim, S. R., Jung, E. H., Kim, H. D., 2014, Evaluation on the effect of air quality improvement due to the employment of clean-road system in Daegu, Journal of Environmental Science International, 23, 2029-2034. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.23.12.2029
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 대구녹색환경지원센터