- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Comparison between Response AC/A and CA/C Ratio according to Additional Spherical Powers and Prism Powers
가입렌즈 도수와 프리즘 굴절력 변화에 따른 반응 AC/A비와 CA/C비 비교
- Received : 2015.07.30
- Accepted : 2015.09.08
- Published : 2015.09.30
Purpose : This study was to examine a correlation of response AC/A ratio by additional spherical powers with PD(Pupilary distance) and relative accommodation, and was to investigate correlation of CA/C ratio by prism powers. The mean differences between a reciprocal response AC/A ratio and a CA/C ratio were compared, and were suggested to be used as data in the refractive power and prism prescriptions in the clinical. Methods: The open field autorefractometer (Nvision-K 5001, Shin nippon) and Howell target at 40 cm fixation distance to 62 persons with average
Accommodative response;Convergence accommodation;Relative accommodation;Response AC/A ratio;CA/C ratio
- Kim DN. Binocular Vision. 2nd Ed. Seoul: Shinkwang, 2015:176-177.
- Martens TG, Ogle KN. Observations on accommodative convergence; especially its nonlinear relationships. Am J Opthalmol.1959;47:455-462. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9394(14)78051-1
- Grosvenor TP. Primary care optometry: anomalies of refraction and binocular vision, 3rd Ed. Boston: Butterwoth-Heinmann, 1996:575.
- Rainey BB, Goss DA, Kidwell M, Feng B. Reliability of th response AC/A ratio determined using nearpoint autorefraction and simultaneous heterophoria measurement. Clin Exp Optom. 1998;81(5):185-192. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1444-0938.1998.tb06733.x
- Lee SH, Yu DS, Son JS, Kwak HW. Comparison between stimulus and response AC/A ratios for each phoria additional spherical power. J Korean Opthalmic Opt Soc. 2014;19(3):345-351. https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2014.19.3.345
- Goss AD, Vatnasdal P, Babinsky E, Candy RT. Comparion of three methods of measuring CA/C rations. Optom Vis Perf. 2015;3(1):14-25.
- Rainey BB. The effect of prism adaptation on the response AC/A ratio. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 2000;20(3):199-206. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0275-5408(99)00068-X
- North R, Henson DB. Adaptation to prism-induced heterophoria. Am J Optom Physiol Opt. 1980;57(3):129-137. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006324-198003000-00001
- Lee MH, Yu DS. CA/C ratio of adults in their early twenties with normal binocular vision. J Korean Opthalmic Opt Soc. 2012;17(2):153-158.
- Kent PR. Convergence accommodation. Am J Optom Arch Am Acad Optom. 1958;35(8):393-406. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006324-195808000-00001
- Southall JPC. Helmholtz's treatise on physiological optics, 3rd Ed. Canada: General, 1924;382-415.
- Benjamin WJ. Borish's clinical refraction, 2nd Ed. St. Louis: Butterworth-Heinemann, 2006;908-909.
- Rosenfield M, Gilmartin B. Assessment of the CA/C ratio in a myopic population. Am J Optom Physiol Opt. 1988; 65(3):168-173. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006324-198803000-00005
- Nonaka F, Hasebe S, Ohtsuki H. Convergence accommodation to convergence (CA/C) ratio in patients with intermittent exotropia and decompensated exophoria. Jpn J Opthalmol. 2004;48(3):300-305. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10384-004-0060-4
- Bruce AS, Atchison DA, Bhoola H. Accommodationconvergence relationships and age. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1995;36(2):406-413.
- Rosenfield M, Ciuffreda KJ, Chen HW. Effect of age on the interaction between the AC/A and CA/C ratios. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 1995;15(5):451-455. https://doi.org/10.1016/0275-5408(95)00061-H
- Semmlow JL, Heerema D. The role of accommodative convergence at the limits of fusional vergence. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1979;18(9):970-976.
- Semmlow JL. Heerema D. The synkinetic interaction of convergence accommodation and accommodative convergence. Vision Res. 1979;19(11):1237-1242. https://doi.org/10.1016/0042-6989(79)90189-5
- Comparison of CA/C Ratio with Different Measuring Methods vol.22, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2017.22.2.151
Supported by : 경운대학교