- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Evaluation 4D-CT Simulation used of Motion Organ and Tumor for Respiratory Gated Radiation Therapy
호흡동조방사선치료를 위한 4D-CT simulation을 이용한 동적장기와 종양 움직임 평가
- Received : 2015.04.24
- Accepted : 2015.07.13
- Published : 2015.09.28
when the radiation therapy of chest and abdomen, evaluation of the tumor motion and the data was used to minimize damage to normal tissues by separating the tumor and normal tissue and maximize tumor therapeutic effect. Lung and liver cancer each 20 patients based on the 50% top phase using 4D-CT simulation and Light speed-16 of shooting equipment 30 ~ 70 % gating phase interval and 0 ~90 % movement in the full phase interval was measured. If the full phase 0 ~ 90% with gating phase 30~70% of tumors in the liver and lung is shown the biggest difference compared to the motion and the size of the GTV was the largest difference in the I(inferior), full phase 0~90% degree of tumor motion only when a relatively large, gating phase to 30~70% of the tumor when the movement has been found that the reduced average 7.1mm. In the 4D-CT simulation comparing the motion value when the full phase 0~90 % and gating phase 30~70 % when the motion value, twice in the gating phase 30~70 % more than full phase 0~90 % showed a small movement value. The exposure to normal tissues, based on the results obtained from the 4D-CT simulation can be significantly alleviated, After treatment will reduce pain and disability in patients with radiation is expected to be able to effective treatment.
4D-CT;GTV;Respiratory Gating Rdaiation(RGRT)
- ICRU-62, "Prescribing, Recording and Reporting Photon Beam Therapy (supplement to ICRU report 50)", International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements, Bethesda, MD, 1999.
- W. M. Underberg Rene, J. Lagerwaard Frank, P. Cuijpers Johan, J. Slotman Ben, R. van Sornsen de Koste John, and Senan Suresh, "Four dimensional CT scans for treatment planning in stereotactic radiotherapy for stage I lung cancer", Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, Vol.60, No.4, pp.1283-1290, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2004.07.665
- 김민수, 백금문, 김대섭, 강태영, 홍동기, 권경태, "종양의 움직임과 호흡주기에 따른 체적 변화에 대한 연구", 팬텀 Study, 대한방사선치료학회지, 제22권, 제2호, pp.145-153, 2010.
- A. Barnes Elizabeth, R. Murray Brad, M. Robinson Donald, J. Underwood Lori, Hanson John, and H. Y. Roa Wilson, "Dosimetric evalution of lung tumor immobilization using breath hold at deep inspiration", Int J Radiat Oncol Phys, Vol.50, pp.1091-1098, 2006.
- E. Rosenzweig Kenneth, Hanley Joseph, Mah Dennis, Mageras Gig, Hunt Margie, Toner Sean, Burman Chandra, C. C. Ling, Mychalczak Borys, Fuks Zvi, and A. Leibel Steven, "The deep inspriation breath-hold technique in the treatmemt of inoperable ono- small-cell lung cancer", Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, Vol.48, pp.81-87, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-3016(00)00583-6
- Shimizu Shinichi, Shirato Hiroki, Ogura Shigeaki, Akita-Dosaka Hirotoshi, Kitamura Kei, Nishioka Takeshi, Kagei Kenji, Nishimura Masaji, and Miyasaka Kazuo, "Detection of lung tumor movement in real-time tumor-tracking radiotherapy", Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, Vol.51, pp304-310, 2001.
- H. W. Korin and R. I. Ehman, "RiedereRespiratory kinematics of the upper abdominal organs: a quantitative study", Magn Reson Med, Vol.23, pp.172-178, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1002/mrm.1910230118
- S. C. Davies, A. L. Hill, R. B. Holmes, M. Halliwell, and P. C. Jackson, "Ultrasound quantitation of respiratory organ motion in the upper abdomen", Br J Radiol, Vol.67, pp.1096-1102, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1259/0007-1285-67-803-1096
- R. Wagman, E. Yorke, and E. Ford, et al, "Respiratory Gating for live tumors: use in dose escalation", Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, Vol.55, pp.659-668, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-3016(02)03941-X
- Guckenberger Matthias, Wilbert Juergen, Meyer Juergen, Baier Kurt, Richter Anne, and Flentje Michael, "Is a single respiratory correlated 4D-CT study sufficient for evaluation of bresthing motion", Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, Vol.67, pp.1352-1359, 2007 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2006.11.025
- 서예린, 이병용, 신승애, 김종훈, 안승도, 이상욱, 최은경, "A feasibility study on the predication of tumor location in the lung from skin motion", Br J Radiol, Vol.77, pp.588-596, 2004 https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr/64800801
- J. S. Kim, E. H. Shin, J. S. Shin, S. G. Ju, Y. Y. Han, H. C. Park, and D. H. Choi, "The clinical implementation of 2D dose distribution QA system for the patient specific respiratory-gated radiotherapy", progress in medical physics, Vol.21, No.2, pp.127-136, 2010.
- Nelson Christopher, Balter Peter, C. Morice Rodolfo, Bucci Kara, Dong Lei, Tucker Susan, Vedam Sastry, Y. Chang Joe, and Starkschall George, "Evaluation of Tumor Position and PTV Margins Using Image Guidance and Respiratory Gating", Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys (article in press), 2010.
- J. Y. Na, T. Y. Kang, G. M. Bae, and G. T. Kwon, "Consideration of the accuracy by variation of respiration in real-time position management respiratory gating system", 대한방사선치료학회지, 제25권, 제1호, 2013.
- S. K. Kim, H. S. Lim, and W. S. Kim, "Usefuleaa of gated rapidArc radiation therapy patient evaluation and applied with the amplitude mode," 대한방사선치료학회, 제26권, 제1호, 2014.
- W. P. Hogle, "The state of the art in radiation therapy", Semin Oncol Nurs, Vol.22, pp.212-220, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soncn.2006.07.004