- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Development of MRI Simulator Early Diagnosis Program for Self Learning
자가 학습을 위한 MRI Simulator 초기 검사 프로그램 개발
- Received : 2015.04.24
- Accepted : 2015.06.06
- Published : 2015.09.28
Since 1970, MRI has greatly been developing in terms of strength of magnetic field, the number of receipt channels, and short time of examination. With the development of digital systems and wireless network, hospitals have also acquired, saved, and managed digital images taken by various kinds of medical imaging equipment. However, domestic universities fail to provide practice training course independently thanks to expensive practice equipment and high maintenance cost, and rely on clinical training. Therefore, this study developed a MR patient diagnosis program based on Windows PC to help out students before their working in clinical filed. The designed Relational Database of MRI Simulator is made up of seven tables according to functions and data characteristics. Regarding the designed patient information, each stepwise function was classified by the patient registration method in clinical field. In addition, on the assumption of the basic information for diagnosis, each setting and content were classified. The menu by execution step was arrayed on the left side for easy view. For patient registration, a patient's name, gender, unique ID, birth date, weight, and other types of basic information were entered, and the patient's posture and diagnosis direction were set up. In addition, the body regions for diagnosis and Pulse Sequence were listed for selection. Also, Protocol name and other additional factors were allowed to be entered. The final window was designed to check diagnosis images, patient information, and diagnosis conditions. By learning how to enter patient information and change diagnosis conditions in this program, users will be able to understand more theories and terms learned in practice and thereby to shorten their learning time in actual clinical work.
- R. R. Carlton and A. M. Adler, "Principles of radiopgraphic imaging, Deliviar", pp.519-520, 2001.
- D Le Bihan, "Looking into the functional architecture of the brain with diffusion MRI," Nature Rev Neurosci, Vol.4, pp.469-468, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrn1119
- P. B. Barker and D. D. M. Lin, "In vivo proton MR spectroscopy of the human brain", Prog Nucl Magn Reson Spectrosc, Vol.49, pp.99-128, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pnmrs.2006.06.002
- P. C. Lauterbur, "Image formation by induced local interactions: examples of employing nuclear magnetic resonance", Nature, Vol.242, pp.190-191, 1973. https://doi.org/10.1038/242190a0
- P. C. Lauterbur, "Magnetic resonance zeugmatography", Pure and Applied Chemistry, Vol.40, pp.149-157, 1974. https://doi.org/10.1351/pac197440010149
- D. S. Hinshaw, P. A. Bottomley, and G. N. Holland, "Radiographic thin-section image of the human wrist by nuclear magnetic resonance," Nature, Vol.270, pp.722-723, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1038/270722a0
- 이수열, "자기공명영상 시스템 기술의 발전 동향", 대한전자공학회, Vol.40, No.7, pp.20-22, 2013.
- 김창수, 김화곤, "디지털 방사선 환경에서의 방사선 학과의 교육과정에 대한 현황과 개선 방향", 방사선기술과학, Vol.28, No.2, 2005.
- 백문영, 이현용, 신운재, 은충기, 문치웅, "단위용적 및 다용적 기법 자기공명분광 신호처리 분석 소프트웨어의 개발", 신호처리, Vol.39, No.5, pp.544-545, 2002.
- C. Cowling, "A global overview of the changing roles of radiographers", Radiography, Vol.14, No.1, pp.29-32, 2008.
- J. Huh, "New Current Education of Radiological Technologist", Journal of Korean Society of Radiological Technology, Vol.27, No.4, pp.5-9, 2004.
- S. C. Kim, "Development of Open Clinical Training Program to Improve Radiology-Major Students'Clinical Competency", Journal of Korean Society of Radiological Technology, Vol.33, No.3, pp.193-201, 2010
- H. S. Kim, "A Study on the Types of Work Values of Radiologic Technology Students," Journal of Korean Society of Radiological Technology, Vol.30, No.3, pp.271-280, 2007