- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Structural Analysis of the Graduate Medical School Student's Perception about 'Good Doctor'
의학전문대학원생의 '좋은 의사'에 대한 인식 구조 분석
- Received : 2015.07.15
- Accepted : 2015.08.18
- Published : 2015.09.28
The purpose of this study is to provide developmental direction of medical education by analysing graduate medical school student's perception structure about 'good doctor' and the difference between graduate medical school student's perception structure about 'good doctor' before and after clerkship. Subject of study is medical students in 1st~4th year. NetMiner 4.0 program, which is social network analysis, was used to analyse. Many of the words that students used to describe good doctor were similar. But especially lots of times they used 'patient', 'treatment', 'competence', 'heart' and a word 'patient' showed highest degree centrality. Higher density of network and mean degree centrality were shown in students who experienced clerkship. 'Diagnosis and treatment', 'medical communication', 'attitudes to patients', 'medical knowledge', 'basic competence' these 5 groups were shown in network of students before and after clerkship in common. In the case of students after clerkship, 'lifelong learning ' groups have been added, so were the 6 groups. Considering the fact that social responsibility, professionalism, medical humanities are emphasized in recent medical education, students have lack of perception structure about good doctor, therefore education of this area needs to be strengthened.
Good Doctor;Patient;Clerkship;Social Network Analysis
- 이영미, 안덕선, "좋은 의사의 특성 규명을 위한 기초 연구", 한국의학교육, 제19권, 제4호, pp.313-323, 2007.
- 백상호, "좋은 의사를 만드는 길", 한국의학교육, 제22권, 제4호, pp.249-256, 2010.
- 한송이, 배기숙, 김진욱, "응급의료종사자가 인식하는 병원 내 응급구조사의 이미지", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제12권, 제4호, pp.373-379, 2012.
- D. Hammer, "Misconceptions or p-prims: how may alternative perspectives of cognitive structure influence instructional perceptions and intentions", The Journal of the learning science, Vol.5, No.2, pp.97-127, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327809jls0502_1
- S. N. Miratashi Yazdi, S. Nedjat, M. Arbabi, and R. Majdzadeh, "Who Is a Good Doctor? Patients & Physicians' Perspectives", Iran J Public Health, Vol.44, No.1, pp.150-152, 2015.
- C. S. Fones, E. H. Kua, and L. G. Goh, "'What makes a good doctor?'-views of the medical profession and the public in setting priorities for medical education", Singapore Med J, Vol.39, No.12, pp.537-542, 1998.
- R. E. Stalmeijer, D. H. Dolmans, I. H. Wolfhagen and A. J. Scherpbier, "Cognitive apprenticeship in clinical practice: can it stimulate learning in the opinion of students?", Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract, Vol.14, No.4, pp.535-546, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10459-008-9136-0
- G. Regehr and G. R. Norman, "Issues in cognitive psychology: implications for professional education", Acad Med, Vol.71, No.9, pp.988-1001, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1097/00001888-199609000-00015
- 박주현, 김선, "일개 의과대학 임상실습 교육과정 평가", 한국의학교육, 제16권, 제4호, pp.157-167, 2007.
- 손동원, 사회네트워크분석, 경문사, 2005.
- 양은배, "의학교육 수월성 제고를 위한 교육과정 재설계", 의학교육논단, 제16권, 제3호, pp.126-131, 2014.
- S. Caravita and O. Hallden, "Re-framing the problem of conceptual change", Learning and instruction, Vol.4, No.1, pp.89-111, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0959-4752(94)90020-5
- 홍봉식, 김태호, 서정석, 김동욱, 문석우, "정신과학 임상실습 후 의학전문대학원생들과 의과대학생들의 환자중심태도 변화 비교", 한국의학교육, 제21권 제2호, pp.133-142, 2009.
- 이영희, 이영미, 권효진, "의과대학생과 전공의를 위한 전문가적 행동규범 도출", 한국의학교육, 제26권, 제4호, pp.321-333, 2014.
- T. A. Brennan, "Physicians' professional responsibility to improve the quality of care", Acad Med, Vol.77, No.10, pp.973-980, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1097/00001888-200210000-00008
- 김상현, 양은배, 안덕선, 전우택, 유철주, "한국의 의과대학 및 의학전문대학원에서의 임상실습 교육과정 운영과 관리", 한국의학교육, 제21권 제4호, pp.373-383, 2009.
- A. M. Collins and E. F. Loftus, "A spreading-activation theory of semantic processing", Psychol Rev, Vol.82, No.6, pp.407-428, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.82.6.407
- S. Williams, J. Weinman, and J. Dale, "Doctor-patient communication and patient satisfaction: a review", Fam Pract, Vol.15, No.5, pp.480-492, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1093/fampra/15.5.480
- M. A. Stewart, "Effective physician-patient communication and health outcomes: a review," CMAJ, Vol.152, No.9, pp.1423-1433, 1995.