- Volume 15 Issue 9
The purpose of this study is to examine the effects of knowledge base and metamemory in children's conceptual implicit memory with category-exemplar-generation task. Subjects were total 180 children of each 60 from Grade2, Grade6 and High school students. They were examined implicit memory with category-exemplar-generation task, knowledge base test, and metamemory test. The data were analyzed using ANCOVA, and Scheffe post hoc test. The result was following: First, as the child grow old, implicit memory primed increased. Implicit memory amount was significantly different between Grade2 and High school students, Grade6 and High school students. Second, as the child grow high knowledge base, implicit memory primed increased. There was a significantly different found between age and knowledge base. Third, as the child grow high metamemory, implicit memory primed increased. These results were interpreted as that the state of the age, knowledge base and metamemory should be an important factorin implicit memory. And current findings suggest that implicit memory can show development if a children's knowledge base and metamemory in developing with age.
Implicit Memory;Knowledge Base;Meta Memory
- P. Graf and D. Schacter, "Selective effects of interference on implicit and explicit memory for new associations", Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition, Vol.13, pp.45-53, 1985.
- W. Schneider and M. Pressley, Memory development between 2 and 20, New York: Springer-Verlag, 1989.
- R. V. Kail, The development of memory in children(3rd ed.), New York: Freeman, 1990.
- L. L. Jacoby, "A process dissociation framework: Separating automatic from intentional uses of memory", Journal of memory and language, Vol.30, pp.513-541, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-596X(91)90025-F
- M. Carroll, B. Byrnw, and K. Kirsner, "Autobiographical memory and perceptual learning: A developmental study using picture recognition, naming latency, and perceptual identification", Memory and cognition, Vol.13, pp.273-279, 1985. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03197690
- A. Drummey and N Newcombe, "Remembering versus knowing the past: Children's implicit memories for pictures", Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, Vol.59, pp.549-565, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1006/jecp.1995.1025
- A. Hupbach, S. Mecklebrauker, and W. Wippich, Implicit memory in children; Are there age-related improvements in a conceptal test of implicit memory : In Hahn., M., & Stonesn(Eds.), Proceedings of the twenty first annual conference of the Cognitive Science Society. Mahwah, NJ : Erlbaum, 1999.
- B. K. Hayes and R. Hennessy, "The nature and development of nonverbal implicit memory," Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, Vol.63, pp.22-43, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1006/jecp.1996.0041
- L. J. Anooshian, "Distinctions between implicit and explicit memory: Significance for understanding cognitive development," International Journal of behavioral development, Vol.21, pp.453-478, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1080/016502597384749
- 장세희, 아동의 암묵적 기억의 발달: 범주 전형성과 제시양식의 영향, 성균관대학교, 석사학위논문, 2004
- P. Perruchet, N. Frazier, and J. Lautrey, "Conceptual implicit memory: A developmental study", Psychological research. Vol.57, pp.220-228, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00431283
- S. Komastsu, M. Naito, and T. Fuke, "Age-related and intelligence-related differences in implicit memory; Effects of generation on a word-fragment completion test", Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, Vol.62, pp.151-172, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1006/jecp.1996.0026
- K. Murphy, E. Mckone, and J. Slee, "Dissociations between implicit and explicit memory in children: The role of strategic processing and the knowledge base", Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, Vol.84, pp.124-165, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-0965(03)00002-X
- R Hunt and C. A. Lamb, "What does it take to implicitly prime low-frequency category examplar?", Journal of Experimental Psychology: learning, memory, and cognition, Vol.32, pp.249-258, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1037/0278-73184.108.40.206
- D. F. Bjorklund, "How age changes in knowledge base contribute to the development of children's memory", An interpretive review: Developmental Review, Vol.7, pp.93-130, 1987.
- D. F. Bjorklund, Children's Thinking: Developmental Function and Individual Differences(3rd ed.), CA: Wadsworth, 2003.
- M. H. Joyner and B. Kurtz-costes, Metamemory development. In N. Cowan & C. Hulme(Eds.), The development of memory in childhood, Hove East Sussex, UK: Psychological Press. 1997.
- B. E. Kurtz and J. G. Borkowski, "Children's metacognition: Exploring relations among knowledge, process, and motivational variables," Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, Vol.48, pp.45-61, 1984.
- D. F. Bjorklund, W. Schneider, W. S. Cassel, and E. Ashley, "Trainining and extension of a memory strategy: Evidence for utilization in the acquisition of and organizational strategy in high-and low-IQ children", Child Development, Vol.65, pp.951-965, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/1131430
- M. Hasselhorn, "Task dependency and the role of category typicality and metamemory in the development of an organization strategy", Child Development, Vol.63, pp.202-214, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/1130913
- 이관용, "우리말 범주 규준 조사", 한국 심리 학회지: 실험 및 인지, 제3권, pp.131-160, 1991.
- E. Rosch, "Cognitive representations of semantic categories", Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, Vol.104, pp.192-233, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1037/0096-34220.127.116.11
- 곽금주, 박혜원, 김정택, K-WISC-III지침서, 서울: 도서출판 특수교육, 2001.
- D. DeMarie and J. Ferron, "Capacity, strategies, and metamemory: Tests of a three-factor model of memory development", Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, Vol.84, pp.167-193, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-0965(03)00004-3
- J. H. Flavell and H. M. Wellman, Metamemory. In R. V. Kail, Jr. & J. W. Hagen (Eds.), Perspective on the development of memory and cognition (pp.3-34), Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum, 1977.
- J. M. Belmont and J. G. Borkowski, "A group-administered test of children's metamemory", Bulletin of the Psychonomic Society, Vol.26, pp.206-208, 1988. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03337288
- M. A. Kreutzer, C. Leonard, and J. H. Flavell, "An interview study of chidlren's knowledge about memoy", Monographs of the Society for Research in Child Development, Vol.40, (Serial No.159), 1975.
- 박영아, 아동의 기억책략 사용에서의 이용결여 현상과 메타기억의 영향, 성균관대학교, 박사학위 논문, 2006.
- 전희정, "웹기반 PBL에서 학습자의 메타인지와 스케폴딩 유형이 문제해결에 미치는 효과", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제7권, 제2호, pp.161-169, 2007.
- 안진숙, 이경현, "메타인지전략에 기반한 따른 HTML 태그 학습을 위한 코스웨어 설계 및 구현", 한국콘텐츠학회 종합학술대회 논문집, 제5권, 제1호, pp.5-9, 2007.
- 최은실, "읽기 및 쓰기 부진 아동을 위한 학습치료 프로그램의 효과", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제14권, 제10호, pp.393-402, 2014.
- E. Tulving, "What kind of a hypothesisis the distinction between episodic and semantic memory?", Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory and Cognition, Vol.12, pp.307-311, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0278-7318.104.22.1687