- Volume 15 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Effects of EngageGram on e-Learning Participation According to the Types of Learners' Social Comparison Motive
이러닝 학습자들의 사회비교동기 유형에 따른 EngageGram이 학습참여도에 미치는 효과
- 진성희 (인하대학교 미래융합교육원)
- Received : 2015.07.13
- Accepted : 2015.09.07
- Published : 2015.09.28
The purpose of this study is to investigate the effects of EngageGram which is a motivator of e-learning participation on learners' online participation according to the types of social comparison motive. Research participation was 144 undergraduate students (male: 106, female: 38) who took the course entitled "Creative Thinking." Social comparison motive of learners were investigated by two methods: social comparison motive scales and learners' opinions on EngageGram. As results, there was no statically corelation between the types of social comparison motive by using scales and online participation, however, there was statically differences on e-learning participation according to the types of social comparison motives by analyzing learners' opinions. Learners mostly have self-enhancement motive in a learning context so they are motivated to participate actively by EngageGram. This study provide useful implication in the research area of learning analytics.
e-Learning Participation;Motivator;Social Comparison Motive;Learning Analytics;Learner Characteristics
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- P. Long and G. Siemens, "Penetrating the fog: Analytics in learning and education", EDUCAUSE Review, Vol.46, No.5, pp30-32, 2011.
- 진성희, 유미나, "이러닝 학습환경에서 학습분석기반 대시보드 연구동향 분석", 교육정보미디어연구, 제21권, 제2호, pp.185-213, 2015.
- S. Hrastinski, "A theory of online learning as online participation", Computers & Education, Vol.52, No.1, pp.78-82, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2008.06.009
- R. Mazza and V. Dimitrova, "CourseVis: A graphical student monitoring tool for supporting instructors in web-based distance courses," International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, Vol.65, No.2, pp.125-139, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhcs.2006.08.008
- S. Dawson, A. Bakharia, and E. Heathcote, "SNAPP: Realising the affordances of real-time SNA within networked learning environments", In Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Networked Learning 2010.
- S. Govaerts, K. Verbert, E. Duval, and A. Pardo, "The student activity meter for awareness and self-reflection", In CHI'12 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems, pp.869-884, ACM, 2012.
- L. Festinger, "A theory of social comparison processes", Human relations, Vol.7, No.2, pp.117-140, 1954. https://doi.org/10.1177/001872675400700202
- J. Janssen, G. Erkens, J. G. M. Jaspers, and G. Kanselaar, "Visualizing participation to facilitate argumentation", In Proceedings of the 7th international conference on learning Sciences Bloomington, Indiana, 2006.
- 장은영, 한덕웅, "비교 대상의 선택에서 환류유형, 비교속성 및 통제감의 효과", 한국심리학회지 사회 및 성격, 제13권, 제2호, pp.201-217, 1999.
- B. P. Buunk, R. L. Collins, S. E. Taylor, N. W. VanYperen, and G. A. Dakof, "The affective consequences of social comparison: either direction has its ups and down", Journal of personality and social psychology, Vol.59, No.6, p.1238, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1248
- J. M.Levine and S. M. Green, "Acquisition of Relative Performance Information The Roles of Intrapersonal and Interpersonal Comparison," Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, Vol.10, No.3, pp.385-393, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1177/0146167284103006
- T. A. Wills, "Downward comparison principles in social psychology", Psychological bulletin, Vol.90, No.2, p.245, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.90.2.245
- 장은영, 한덕웅, "사회비교의 목표, 대상 및 결과에 따른 자기정서의 경험", 한국심리학회지 사회 및 성격, 제18권, 제3호, pp.127-153, 2004.
- V. S. Helgeson and K. D. Mickelson, "Motives for social comparison", Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, Vol.21, No.11, pp.1200-1209, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1177/01461672952111008
- J. Kimmerle and U. Cress, "Group awareness and self-presentation in computer-supported information exchange", International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning, Vol.3, No.1, pp.85-97, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11412-007-9027-z
- L. Sun and J. Vassileva, "Social Visualization Encouraging Participation in Online Communities," In: Y. A. Dimitriadis, I. Zigurs, and E. Gomez-Sanchez (eds.) CRIWG 2006. LNCS, Vol.4154, pp.349-363, 2006.
- 진성희, 유미나, 김태현, "이러닝 학습참여활동 및 상호작용에 대한 대시보드 설계 연구", 교육공학연구, 제31권, 제2호, pp.159-189, 2015.
- 한덕웅, 장은영, "사회비교가 분노경험, 주관안녕 및 건강지각에 미치는 영향", 한국심리학회지, 제8권, 제1호, pp.85-112, 2003.
- 이학식, 임지훈, SPSS 18.0 매뉴얼, 집현재, 2011.