- Volume 39 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Finite Element Analysis of Large Deformation of Fiber Metal Laminates Under Bending for Stress-Strain Prediction
굽힘하중을 받는 섬유 금속 적층판의 응력-변형률 예측을 위한 대변형 유한요소해석
- Yeom, Kyung Mi (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yonsei Univ.) ;
- Lee, Jongsoo (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yonsei Univ.)
- Received : 2015.03.10
- Accepted : 2015.07.31
- Published : 2015.10.01
Laminate structures are used in the automobile, aerospace, and display industries. The advantages of fiber metal laminates are well known. Fiber metal laminates are useful for reducing the weight and improving impact resistance . However, currently, the mechanical properties of fiber metal laminates are not derived. In this paper, we use thickness as a factor for comparing the properties of laminates of various thickness combinations. The properties fiber metal laminates are analyzed using design of experiments. In addition, the finite element method is used to analyze elastic and plastic strains of fiber metal laminates and aluminum plates. The final goal of this paper is to find a suitable finite element model of fiber metal laminates under bending.
Fiber Metal Laminates;Metal Laminate;Elastic Analysis;Plastic Analysis;Elastic-plastic Stress-strain Behavior;Large Deformation Analysis;3-point Bending Test
- Cho, K.-D., Ha, S.-R., Kang, K.-H., Kim, J.-E. and Yang, S.-C., 2012, "An Experimental Study on the Mechanical Properties of T-Joints Structure Using CFRP/Al Honeycomb Sandwich Composite," Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.29, No.3, pp.313-318. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2012.29.3.313
- Lee, B.E., Kim, J., Kang, B. S. and Song, W. J., 2013, "Numerical Study of the Formability of Fiber Metal Laminates Based on Self-reinforced Polypropylene," Transaction of Materials Processing, 2013, Vol.22, No.3, pp.150-157. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2013.22.3.150
- Kim, S. J., Kim, T.-U. and Kim, S. H., 2014, "The Study on Structural Performance of Fiber Metal Laminates", Aerospace Engineering and Technology, Vol.13, No.1, pp. 20-26.
- Kang, D.S., Lee, B.E., Park, E. T., Kim, J., Kang, B. S. and Song, W. J, 2014, "Analytical Study for the Prediction of Mechanical Properties of a Fiber Metal Laminate Considering Residual Stress," Transaction of Materials Processing, Vol.23, No.5, pp.289-296. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2014.23.5.289
- Kim, C. I., Yang, S. H. and Kim, Y. S., 2012, "Prediction of Formability of Aluminum Alloy 5454 Sheet," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol.36, No.2, pp.179-186. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.2.179
- Kim, J. C. and Cheong, S. K., 2012, "Effect of Oxide Film Formation on the Fatigue Behavior of Aluminum Alloy," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol.36, No.4, pp.421-428. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.4.421
- Gere, J.M., 2008, "Mechanical Of Materials" Vol.7, Cengage Learning, Stamford, pp 992-993.
- Hong, C. H., Lee, J. H. and Lee, H., 2008, "Mathematical Expressions for Stress-Strain Curve of Metallic Material," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol.32, No.1, pp.21-28. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2008.32.1.021
- Steeves, C. A. and Fleck, N. A., 2004, "Collapse Mechanisms of Sandwich Beams with Composite Faces and a Foam Core, Loaded in Three-Point Bending. Part I: Analytical Models and Minimum Weight Design," International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, Vol. 46, No.4, pp. 561-583. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2004.04.003
- Kim, D.H., Ahn, J-H., Choi, W. M., Kim, H-S., Kim, T. -H., Song, J., Huang, Y. Y., Liu, Z., Lu, C. and Rogers, J. A., 2008, "Stretchable and Foldable Silicon Integrated Circuits," Sci., Vol. 320, No. 5875, pp. 507-511. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1154367
- ASTM international, 2010, "Standard Test Methods for Flexural Properties of Unreinforced and Reinforced Plastics and Electrical Insulating Materials," D790-10.
- Kim, J. S., Kim, Y. J., and Kim, Y. J., 2002, "Engineering J-Integral Estimation for Internal Axial Surface Cracks in Cylinders(I)," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol.26, No.8, pp. 1672-1679. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2002.26.8.1672
- Gere, James M., 2008, "Mechanical Of Materials" Vol.7, Cengage Learning, Stamford, p. 173.
- Oh, S. K., Lee, K. K., Suh, C. H., Jung, Y. C., and Kim, Y. S., 2011, "Shape Optimization of Multilayer Bellows by Using Sequential Experimental Design," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol.35, No.9, pp.1007-1013. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.9.1007