- Volume 39 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on Fracture Characteristic of Aluminum Foam by Thickness
두께에 따른 알루미늄 폼의 파괴 특성에 관한 연구
- Gao, Teng (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School, Kongju University Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Cho, Jae Ung (Div. of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Kongju Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2015.03.29
- Accepted : 2015.05.07
- Published : 2015.10.01
Because foam metal has the excellent physical characteristics and mechanical performance, they are applied extensively into a lot of advanced technology areas. The aluminum foam with closed cell is one of the foam metals. It is applied widely into automobile and airplane because of the excellent absorption performance of impact energy. In this study, the mechanical characteristics by thickness was analyzed through the impact experiment of closed-cell aluminum foam, and the simulation analysis was performed for the verification. As the simulation analysis method, a finite-element analysis was carried under the same boundary conditions as the experiment by using ANSYS. By comparing with the results of experiment and simulation, it was thought that the case of thickness of 20mm was the most efficient of among the cases of thicknesses of 10mm, 20mm and 30mm. At the case of thickness of 20mm, the absorption energy by comparing with the specimen thickness is shown to become the most among three models. By using the result of this study, it is thought that it can apply the material necessary to develop the mechanical structure with aluminum foam.
Aluminum Foam;Closed Cell;Foam Metal;Finite Element Analysis;Thickness
Supported by : 공주대학교
- Huiwen, H., Wenjun, L. and Zhenyuan, L., 2012, "Impact Crash Analyses of an Off-road Utility Vehicle - Part II: Simulation of Frontal Pole, Pole Side, Rear Barrier and Rollover Impact Crashes," International Journal of Crashworthiness, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp.163-172. https://doi.org/10.1080/13588265.2011.632858
- Jeong, K. Y., Cheon, S. S. and Munshi, M. B., 2012, "A Constitutive Model for Polyurethane Foam with Strain Rate Sensitivity," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 26, No. 7, 2033-2038. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-012-0509-1
- Kim, J. C. and Cheong, S. K., 2012, "Microscopic Analysis of Effect of Shot Peening on Corrosion Fatigue Behavior of Aluminum Alloy," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 36, No. 11, pp. 1381-1389. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.11.1381
- Lee, C. J., Son, Y. K., Lee, J. M., Lee, S. B. and Byun, S. D., 2012, "Delamination Limit of Aluminum Foil-Laminated Sheet During Stretch Forming," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 36, No. 4, pp. 413-420.
- Suh, Y. S., Park, M. S. and Song, S., 2011, "Modeling of Size-Dependent Strengthening in Particle-Reinforced Aluminum Composites with Strain Gradient Plasticity," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 35, No. 7, pp. 745-751. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.7.745
- Nabil G., Elin, J., Vasant, M. and Prasadu, P., 2013, "Performance of an AASHTO Beam Bridge Prestressed with CFRP Tendons," Journal of Bridge Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 110-121. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)BE.1943-5592.0000339
- Huiwen, H., Wenjun, L. and Zhenyuan, L., 2012, "Impact crash analyses of an off-road utility vehicle-Part II: Simulation of frontal pole, pole side, rear barrier and rollover impact crashes," International Journal of Crashworthiness, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp.163-172. https://doi.org/10.1080/13588265.2011.632858
- Julien, M., Jose, S. C., Christoph C. and Masoud M., 2013, "Structural Strengthening with Prestressed CFRP Strips with Gradient Anchorage," Journal of Composites for Construction, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 651-661. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)CC.1943-5614.0000372
- Robin, P. and Thomas, U., 2013, "Use of Ultrasound Excited Thermography Applied to Massive Steel Components: Emerging Crack Detection Methodology, " Journal of Bridge Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 455-463. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)BE.1943-5592.0000355
- Junyuan, Z., Xuan, H., Disi, T. and Hongbin, W., 2011, "CAE analysis and design modification for rear seat safety during vehicle frontal crash," Qiche Gongcheng/Automotive Engineering, Vol. 33, No. 9, pp. 767-771.
- Jo, S. W. and Kwak, S. Y., 2012, "Analysis of Impact Behavior of Al-Alloy Castings Considering Internal Defects," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 36, No. 12, pp. 1599-1604. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.12.1599
- Park, S. B., Han, D. H. and Kang, L. H., 2014, "Investigation of Impact Detection Characteristics of Piezoelectric Paint According to Boundary Conditions," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 38, No. 12, pp. 1335-1343. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.12.1335