- Volume 39 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Transient Creep Crack-tip Stress Fields for SE(B) specimen under Elastic-Plastic-Creep Conditions
탄성-소성-크리프 상태에서 SE(B) 시편의 천이크리프 균열 선단 응력장 평가
- Lee, Han-Sang (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- Je, Jin-Ho (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- Kim, Dong-Jun (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- Kim, Yun-Jae (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.)
- Received : 2015.05.06
- Accepted : 2015.06.28
- Published : 2015.10.01
This paper estimates the time-dependent crack-tip stress fields under elastic-plastic-creep conditions. We perform Finite-Element (FE) transient creep analyses for a Single-Edge-notched-Bend (SEB) specimen. We investigate the effect of the initial plasticity on the transient creep by systematically varying the magnitude of the initial step-load. We consider both the same stress exponent and different stress exponent in the power-law creep and plasticity to determine the elastic-plastic-creep behaviour. To estimation of the crack-tip stress fields, we compare FE analysis results with those obtained numerically formulas. In addition, we propose a new equation to predict the crack-tip stress fields when the creep exponent is different from the plastic exponent.
Elastic-Plastic-Creep;Crack-Tip Stress Fields;Transient Creep;FE Analysis;SEB Specimen
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Riedel, H., 1987, Fracture at High Temperature, Springer-Verlag, Berlin.
- Irwin, G.R., 1961, "Plastic Zone Near a Crack and Fracture Toughness," Sagamore Research Conference Proceeding, vol.4, pp.63-78.
- Dugdale, D.S., 1960, "Yielding in Steel Sheets Containing Slits," Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 8, pp.100-104. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(60)90013-2
- Barenblatt, G.I., 1962, "The Mathmatical Theory of Euilibrium Cracks in Brittle Fracture," Advance in Applied Mechanics, vol.7, pp. 55-129. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0065-2156(08)70121-2
- Wells, A.A., 1961, "Unstable Crack Propagation in Metal: Cleavage and Fracture," Proceedings of the Crack Propagation Symposium, vol. 1, pp. 84.
- Rice, J. R., 1968, "A Path Independent Integral and the Approximate Analysis of Strain Concentration by Notches and Cracks," Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 53, pp. 379-386.
- Huchinson, J. W., 1968, "Singular Behavior at End of a Tensile Crack Tip in a Hardening Material," Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 16, pp. 13-31. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(68)90014-8
- Rice, J. R. and Rosengren, G.F., 1968, "Plane Strain Deformation near a Crack Tip in a Power-Law Hardening Material," Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 16, pp. 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(68)90013-6
- Riedel, H. and Rice, J. R., 1980, "Tensile Cracks in Creeping Solids," ASTM STP 700, Philadelphia, pp. 189-221.
- Joch, J. and Ainsworth, R. A., 1992, "The Effect of Geometry on the Development of Creep Singular Fields for Defects under Step-Load Controlled Loading," Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 229-240. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2695.1992.tb01266.x
- Webster, G. A. and Ainsworth, R. A., 1994, High Temperature Component Life Assessment, CHAPMAN & HALL, UK.
- ABAQUS version 6. 13., 2013, User's Manual, Inc. and Dassault Systems.
- Kim, Y. J., 1999, "Evaluation of Time Dependent Contour Integrals (J and C) in Creep: Comparison of ABAQUS and BERSAFE Results," British Energy Generation LTd, Report EPD/GEN/REP/0500/99.
- Williams, M. L., 1957, "On the Stress Distribution at the Base of a Stationary Crack," Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 24, pp. 109-114.
- Han, J. J., Kim, Y. J., Jerng, D. W., Nikbin, K. and Dean, D., 2014, "Quantification of Creep Stresses within HAZ in Welded Branch Junctions," Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 113-124.