- Volume 39 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Fatigue Analysis of Rear Suspension Part Applying Multi-body Dynamics
다물체 동역학을 이용한 후륜 현가 부품의 내구해석
- Jeon, Seong Min (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ. of Technology and Education) ;
- Cho, Byung-Kwan (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ. of Technology and Education)
- Received : 2014.08.13
- Accepted : 2015.07.16
- Published : 2015.10.01
During the development of vehicles, durability tests are time consuming and costly. Recently, automobile companies have attempted to develop their own durability evaluation procedures by modifying and complementing . In this paper, we propose an integrated computer-aided engineering (CAE) method to evaluate the durability of a torsion beam axle (TBA). We compare this method with the standardized durability evaluation method used by an actual automobile company in order to determine the feasibility of this method. We compare the results with the test result data to enable us to estimate the reliability of the analysis results. In this study, we analyze the processes and results of the quasi-static fatigue analysis, and found improved methods and problems. Furthermore, we perform a thorough test using the requirements of the actual company. Based on the results, the structural analysis process in the quasi-static fatigue analysis method was superseded by the multi-body dynamics analysis process. Generally, this method is referred to as the resonance-fatigue analysis method.
Torsion Beam Axle;Fatigue Analysis;Multi-Body Dynamics;Flexible Body
- Marsh, A. J., Wolperding, K. and Wille, H. C., 1996, "Simulation of the twist beam rear suspension system using flexible bodies in ADAMS," Proceedings of the 11th European ADAMS User Conference, Frankfurt, Germany, pp. 19-20.
- Sugiura, H., Kojima, Y., Nishigaki, H. and Arima, M., 2000, "Trailing Twist Axle Suspension Design Using ADAMS," Seoul 2000 FISITA World Automotive Congress, F2000G306, Seoul, Korea, pp. 1-6
- Yoo, W. S. and Haug, E. J., "Dynamics of Flexible Mechanical Systems Using Vibration and Static Correction Modes," 1986, Journal of Mechanical Design 108.3, pp. 315-322.
- Dowling, N. E., 2004, "Mean Stress Effects in Stress-Life and Strain-life Fatigue," SAE Technical Paper, No. 2004-01-2227.
- Ince, A. and Glinka, G., 2011, "A Modification of Morrow and Smith-Watson-Topper Mean Stress Correction Models," Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures Vol. 34, Issue 11, pages 854-867. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2695.2011.01577.x
- ASTM Standard E606, 2004, "Standard Practice for Strain-Controlled Fatigue Testing," Annual Book of ASTM Standards 3, ASTM International.
- Park, S. M., 2012, "Effect of Modeling on the Analysis of Torsion Beam Axle and Its Verification Using Test Results," Master's thesis, Korea University of Technology and education Graduated school.