- Volume 39 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Stabilization Design of Large Rotating Stand Using Sliding Mode Control
슬라이딩모드 제어 기법을 이용한 대형 구동기 안정화 설계
- Kim, Sungryong (Group of Mechatronics, Hanwha Thales) ;
- Park, Dongmyung (Group of Mechatronics, Hanwha Thales) ;
- Moon, Wooyong (Group of Mechatronics, Hanwha Thales)
- Received : 2015.02.11
- Accepted : 2015.08.10
- Published : 2015.10.01
In this paper, a stabilized control algorithm for the large rotating stand of a long-range surveillance radar (LRSR) system is introduced. The stabilized control algorithm for this large rotating stand system was designed using mathematical plant modeling. The LRSR system is located on high ground and has a wide surface, making it susceptible to the effects of wind, which increases the bearing friction and reduces the stability of the rotating stand. The disturbance caused by the wind was analyzed using computational fluid dynamics (CFD) in this study. The results of the CFD analysis were used to construct a control algorithm for the disturbance . The performance of the proposed control algorithm was demonstrated experimentally and through simulations. The plant model and the control algorithm were constructed in Matlab/Simulink.
Rotating Stand;Stabilization;Sliding Mode Control;Disturbance;Wind Effect;Nonlinear Control
- Gawronskil, "Three Models of Wind-Gust Disturbance for the Analysis of Antenna Pointing Accuracy" Mechanism and Machine Theory, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 449-464.
- Lee, C.-W. and Kim, N.-I., 1999, "Model-Based Control System Design and Sliding Mode Control of Stewart Platform Manipulator," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, 23(6), 903-911.
- Edwads, C. and Spurgeon, S. K., 1998, "Sliding Mode Control," Theory and Application, CRC press, 270 Madison Avenue New York, NY 10016, pp. 1-18
- Armstrong, B. and de Wit, C.C., 1995, " Friction Modeling and Compensation," The Control Handbook, CRC Press, 6000 Broken Sound Parkway NW, Suite 300 Boca Raton, FL 33487, pp. 1369-1382
- Haug, E. J., 1989, "Computer Aided Kinematics And Dynamics of Mechanical Systems" Volume1, Allyn and Bacon A division of Simon & Schuster, 160 Gould Street Needhan Heightrs, Massachuetts 02194, pp. 20-24
- Park, S.-H., Lee, J.-M. and Kim J.-S., 2009. "A Decentralized Brake System for Railway Rolling Stocks Using the Adaptive Sliding Mode Control Scheme," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, 33(10), 1005-1013. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2009.33.10.1005
- Chen, M. and Chen, W.-H., 2010, "Sliding Mode Control for a Class of Uncertain Nonlinear System Based on Disturbance.," International journal of adaptive control and signal processing, Volume24, Issue1, pp. 51-64.
- Kaydon corporation, 2000, " Catalog 300k, REALISLIM Ball and Roller Bearings," Kaydon Bearings, 2860 Mc Cracken St, Norton Shores, MI 49441, USA, pp. 81-85.
- Harris, T. A., 1991, "Rollin Bearing Anlaysis," 3rd Edition, A Wiley-Interscience Publication, 111 River Street Hoboken, NJ 07030-5774, pp. 445-458.
- Lim, C. W. and Seo, K. Y., 2010, "Comparison of Response Properties Determined in Two Torque Control Methods for a 2.75-MW Wind Turbine Under Turbulence Wind Speed," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, 34(12), 1885-1891. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.12.1885