- Volume 39 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Study on 3-D Simulation for Overriding Evaluation of Urban Train
도시철도차량 타고오름 평가를 위한 3 차원 충돌시뮬레이션 기법 연구
- Jin, Sung Zu (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Jung, Hyun Seung (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kwon, Tae Soo (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Jin Sung (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2015.04.24
- Accepted : 2015.07.21
- Published : 2015.10.01
In this paper, we propose a collision simulation technique the evaluation of urban trains. We perform simulation that include a dynamics bogie model which represents the dynamic behavior of bogies and a finite-element model that can model crash behavior. We perform simulation in accordance with the 40-mm vertical offset head-on scenario for overriding the evaluation of the EU and domestic crashworthiness regulations. We evaluate the overriding by the vertical displacement of the wheelset using the overriding evaluation standard. Finally, if proposed simulation technique is applied, we can evaluate the overriding for urban-train crashworthiness regulations.
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- Park, M. Y., Park, Y. I. and Koo. J. S.. 2010. "Equivalent Modeling Technique for 1-D Collision Dynamics Using 3-D Finite Element Analysis of Rolling Stock," The Korean Society for railway, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 139-146.
- Kim. G. Y., Koo. J. S., Kwon, T. S., 2011, "Study on a 2-Dimensional Dynamic Modeling Technique to Analyze the Overriding Phenomena of Rolling Stock," The Korean Society for railway, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 11-18. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2011.14.1.11
- Kim, G. Y., Koo, J. S., 2012. "Collision Analysis of Next Generation High-speed EMU Using 3D/1D Hybrid FE Model," Transactions of KSAE, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp.67-76.
- Cho H. J., 2009, "Study on Wheel-Rail Models for Prediction of Derailment Behavior After Collision Using Virtual Testing Model," A Doctoral Thesis, Seoul National University of Technology, Korea.
- Kash Kasturi., 2011, "Full-Scale Locomotive Dynamic Crash Testing and Correlations: C-39 Locomotive Colliding with a Loaded Hopper Car (Test 7)," U.S Department of Transportation, Report No. DFRA.040048.
- Hechao Zhou, Wenbin Wang, and Markus Hecht, 2012, "Three-Dimensional Override Analysis of Crashed Railway Multiple Units," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 50, No. 4, pp. 663-674. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423114.2011.631552
- 2014, Ministry of land infrastructure and transport, "Technical Specifications for Railway Vehicles", Notification of Ministry of Land Infrastructure and Transport, 2014-434.
- LSTC, LS-DYNA Keyword User's Manual Version 971.
- EN 15227. 2007. "Railway Applications -Crashworthiness Requirements for Railway Vehicle Bodies."
- Korea Railroad Research Institute, 2011, "R&D Report of A Study for Urban Transit Standardization 2001."