- Volume 39 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Study on a Wire Saw Rock Cutting Model for Tunnel Excavation and Cutting Performance Improvement
터널굴착용 와이어쏘 암반절삭 모델 구축 및 절삭성능 향상 연구
- Lee, Jin-Ho (High-speed Railroad Systems Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Ahn, Sung-Kwon (New Transportation Systems Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Kyoung-Chan (High-speed Railroad Systems Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Bang, Choon-Seok (New Transportation Systems Research Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Sagong, Myung (Planning and Strategy Center, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- 이진호 (한국철도기술연구원 고속철도연구본부) ;
- 안성권 (한국철도기술연구원 신교통연구본부) ;
- 이경찬 (한국철도기술연구원 고속철도연구본부) ;
- 방춘석 (한국철도기술연구원 신교통연구본부) ;
- 사공명 (한국철도기술연구원 기획전략본부)
- Received : 2015.05.26
- Accepted : 2015.07.23
- Published : 2015.10.01
In tunnel excavation using blast, the wire saw rock cutting method generates a discontinuity perimeter around the center cut, and thus prevents blast vibration propagation to reduce vibration and noise. Therefore, the method is expected to be easy to use and economical compared with other methods. In this paper, the cutting mechanism of wire saw in tunnel excavation is investigated. A model describing the changes in cutting depth and wire saw shape inside a rock during cutting is established and validated for this purpose. Through a simulation using the model, the important characteristics of wire saw cut are investigated, and the influences of cutting conditions, such as wire saw tension, wire saw speed, feed speed, depth, and diameter of boring, on cutting performance are also examined. A method to improve the cutting performance is proposed based on the results.
Wire Saw;Rock Cutting;Tunnel Excavation;Cutting Model;Cutting Performance
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- Ahn S. K., 2014, "Low Cost-High Performance Technology Development for Railroad Infrastructure," KRRI Research Report 2014-106, Korea Railroad Research Institute, pp. 316-429.
- Gustafsson N., 2011, "Wire cutting as a complement to drill and blast in vibration sensitive environments," Master's Thesis, Chalmers University of Technology.
- Liedke T., Kuna M., 2011, "A macroscopic mechanical model of the wire sawing process," International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, 51, pp. 711-720. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmachtools.2011.05.005
- Palathra T., Adomaitis R., 2008, "Process Modeling of a Wire Saw Operation," ISR Technical Report 2008-9, Institute for Systems Research.
- Lee J. H., Sakong M., Lee K. C., Ahn S. K., 2015, "Jig Apparatus for Tunnel Excavation using Wire-Saw," KR-10-1508205, 27th of May, pp. 11-13.
- Foretec C&S Corporation, 2014, "Concrete Demolishing System(Model No. FT-DX120)," User's Manual.
- Preston F. W., 1927, Journal of the Society of Glass Technology, 11 247.