- Volume 25 Issue 8
The paper deals with an ultrasonic transducer invented for measuring both flow velocity and pipe thickness. The structure of the transducer is based on the conventional transducers for measuring flow velocity by obliquely transmitting ultrasonic waves to the flow direction. The transducer additionally generates ultrasonic waves transmitting vertically to a pipe for measuring pipe thickness. By measuring flow velocity with the invented transducer and a conventional oblique-incidence transducer and comparing their results, the accuracy of the flow velocity measurement of the invented one was evaluated. By measuring specimen thickness with the invented transducer and a conventional normal-incidence transducer and comparing their results, the accuracy of the thickness measurement of the invented one was evaluated.
- Funck, B. and Mitzkus, A., 1996, Acoustic Transfer Function of the Clamp-on Flowmeter, IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 569~575. https://doi.org/10.1109/58.503717
- Lee, Y. J. and Im, J. I., 2006, Development and Evaluation of the Piezoelectric Transducer for the Transit-time Ultrasonic Flowmeters, Journal of the Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea, Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 30~34.
- Kim, J. W., Piao, C., Kim, D. J., Kim, J. O. and Park, D.-S., 2015, Comparison of Ultrasonic Paths for Flow Rate Measurement, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 25, No. 7, pp. 455~461. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2015.25.7.455
- Kim, J. O., 2000, Ultrasonic Sensors and Actuators, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 723~728.
- Lynnworth, L. C., 1989, Ultrasonic Measurements for Process Control, Academic Press, New York, Ch. 4.
- Lee, E. S., Kwon, O. H. and Rho, M. H., 2003, A Study on the Ultrasonic Flow-meter System Development, Journal of Industrial Science and Technology Institute, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 55~62.
- Choi, Y. C., Park, J. S., Yoon, C. H. and Choi, H. J., 2014, Thickness Measurement by Using Cepstrum Ultrasonic Signal Processing, Journal of the Korean Society for Nondestructive Testing, Vol. 34, No. 4, pp. 290~298. https://doi.org/10.7779/JKSNT.2014.34.4.290
- Kim, T. E., Chun, H. Y., Kim, J. O. and Park, J., 2010, Mode Conversion and Energy Transmission Ratio of Elastic Waves, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 296~307. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2010.20.3.296
- Piao, C., Kim, D. J. and Kim, J. O., 2015, Energy Transmission of Elastic Waves in Ultrasonic Transducers, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 124~132. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2015.25.2.124
- Kim, J. O., Piao, C. and Kim, D. H., 2015, Ultrasonic Transducing Apparatus for Measuring Pipe Thickness and Apparatus for Measuring Flow Velocity Using the Same, Korea Patent 10-1513697.
- Achenbach, J. D., 1975, Wave Propagation in Elastic Solids, North-Holland, Amsterdam, Chapter 5.
- Rose, J. L., 1999, Ultrasonic Waves in Solid Media, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, Chapter 5.
- Schmerr, L. W., 1998, Fundamentals of Ultrasonic Nondestructive Evaluation: A Modeling Approach, Plenum Press, New York, Chapter 3.