- Volume 15 Issue 4
Wireless power transfer technologies typically include inductive coupling, magnetic resonance, and capacitive coupling methods. Among these methods, capacitive coupling wireless power transfer (CCWPT) has been studied to overcome the drawbacks of other approaches. CCWPT has many advantages such as having a simple structure, low standing power loss, reduced electromagnetic interference (EMI) and the ability to transfer power through metal barriers. In this paper, the CCWPT system with 6.78MHz class D inverter is proposed and analyzed. The proposed system consists of a 6.78MHz class D inverter with a LC low pass filter, capacitor between a transmitter and a receiver, and impedance transformers. The system is verified with a prototype for charging mobile devices.
6.78Mz;Capacitive Coupling Power Transfer;Class D inverter;Wireless Power Transfer
- H. S. Choi, “Design consideration of half-bridge LLC resonant converter,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 13-20, Jan. 2007.
- A. K. Tripathi, K. Mainali, D. Patel, S. Bhattacharya, and K. Hatua, "Closed loop d-q control of high-voltage high-power three-phase dual active bridge converter in presence of real transformer parasitic parameters," in 2013 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), pp. 5488-5495, 2013.
- J. W. Kim, H. C. Son, K. H. Kim, and Y. J. Park, “Efficiency analysis of magnetic resonance wireless power transfer with intermediate resonant coil,” IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, pp. 389-392, May 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2011.2150192
- F. Zhang, S. A. Hackworth, W. Fu, C. Li, Z. Mao, and M. Sun, “Relay effect of wireless power transfer using strongly coupled magnetic resonances,” IEEE Trans. Magn., Vol. 47, No. 5, pp. 1478-1481, May 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2010.2087010
- C. S. Wang, O. H. Stielau, and G. A. Covic, “Design considerations for a contactless electric vehicle battery charger” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 52, No. 5, pp. 1308-1314, Oct. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2005.855672
- J. Sallan, J. L. Villa, A. Llombart, and J. F. Sanz, “Optimal design of ICPT systems applied to electric vehicle battery charge” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 56, No. 6, pp. 2140-2149, Jun. 2009 https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2015359
- A. P. Hu, C. Liu, and H. L. Li, "A novel contactless battery charging system for soccer playing robot," in Proc. 15th IEEE Int. Conf. Mechatronics and Machine Vision in Practice, pp. 646-650, 2008.
- A. Wahab, T. E. Chong, and L. K. Min, "Wireless pointing device using capacitive coupling," in Proc. 1997 IEEE Int. Symp. Consumer Electronics, pp. 149-152, 1997.
- H. Kobayashi, H. Funato and Y. Chiku, "Enhancement of transfer power of capacitive power transfer system using cascaded one pulse switching active capacitor(C-OPSAC) with three-level operation," in Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference (IPEMC), 2012 7th International, pp. 884-888, 2012.
- H. William and H. Hayt, Engineering Electromagnetic, 5th ed., McGraw Hill, 1989.
- Capacitive Power Transfer System With a Mixed-Resonant Topology for Constant-Current Multiple-Pickup Applications vol.32, pp.11, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2016.2640314
- High Frequency (MHz) LLC Resonant Converter for a Capacitor Coupling Wireless Power Transfer (CCWPT) vol.21, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2016.21.2.111
- Capacitive Coupling LLC Wireless Power Transfer Converter Through Glasses of Electric Vehicles vol.21, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2016.21.6.542
- Contactless Power Charger for Light Electric Vehicles Featuring Active Load Matching vol.16, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2016.16.1.102
- Design of Capacitive Power Transfer Using a Class-E Resonant Inverter vol.16, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2016.16.5.1678
- Investigation of the constant-voltage, constant-current, and power characteristics of capacitive power transfer systems based on double-CLC topology vol.13, pp.11, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1002/tee.22783