- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Interference Alignment in 2-user X Channel System with Orthogonal and quasi-orthogonal Space-time Block Codes
직교 및 준직교 시공간 블록 부호를 통한 2-사용자 X 채널에서의 간섭정렬
- Received : 2015.06.03
- Accepted : 2015.07.15
- Published : 2015.08.31
In this paper, we investigate achieving the full diversity order and power gains in case of using OSTBCs and quasi-OSBCs in the x channel system with interference alignment with more than 2 antennas at each terminal. A slight degradation is remarked in the case of quasi-OSTBCs. In terms of receiver structure, we show that due to the favorable structure of the channel matrices, the simple zero-forcing receiver achieves the full diversity order, while the interference cancellation receiver leads to degradations in performance. As compared to the conventional scheme, simulation results demonstrate that our proposed schemes achieve 14dB and 16.5dB of gain at a target bit error rate (BER) of 10-4 in the case of OSTBCs with 3 and 4 antennas at each terminal, respectively, while achieving the same spectral efficiency. Also, a gain of 10dB is achieved at the same target BER in the case of quasi-OSTBC with 4 antennas at each terminal.
Interference alignment;x channel;MIMO detection;orthogonal STBC;quasi-orthogonal STBC
- Alamouti, S., “A simple transmitter diversity technique for wireless communications,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 1451-1458, Oct. 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/49.730453
- Tarokh, V., Jafarkhani, H., and Calderbank, A., “Space-time block codes from orthogonal designs,” IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 1456-1467, Jul. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/18.771146
- El Gamal, H., and Hammons, R. Jr., “On the design of the algebraic space-time codes for MIMO block-fading channels,” Information Theory, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 151-163, Jan. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2002.806116
- Li, L., Jafarkhani, H., and Jafar, S., "When Alamouti codes meet interference alignment: transmission schemes for two-user X channel," in Proceedings of Information Theory Proceedings (ISIT), St. Petersburg, pp. 2717-2721, 2011.
- Naguib, A., Seshadri, N., and Calderbank, A., "Applications of space-time block codes and interference suppression for high capacity and high data rate wireless systems," in Proceedings of Asilomar Conference, Pacific Grove: CA, pp. 1803-1810, 1998.
- Narasimhan, R., Ekbal, A., and Cioffi, J.M., “Finite-SNR diversity-multiplexing tradeoff of space-time codes,” in Proceedings of IEEE ICC, pp. 458-462, 2005.
- Rupp, M., and Mecklenbrauker, C., “On extended Alamouti schemes for space-time coding,” in Proceedings of WPMC, pp. 115-119, 2002.
- Mecklenbrauker, C., and Rupp, M., “Generalized Alamouti codes for trading quality of service against data rate in MIMO UMTS,” EURASIP Journal on Applied SignalProcessing, vol. 2004, pp. 662-675, Jan. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1155/S1110865704310061
- Badic, B., Rupp, M., and Weinrichter, H., “Adaptive channel-matched Alamouti space-time code exploiting partial feedback,” ETRI Journal, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 443-450, Oct. 2004. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.04.0703.0006
- Iyer, A., Rosenberg C., and Karnik, A., “What is the right model for wireless channel interference,” IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 2662-2671, May. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2009.080720
- Chafekar, D., Kumar, V.S., Marathe, V., Parthasarathy, S., and Srinivasan, A., “Capacity of wireless networks under SINR interference constraints,” Wireless Networks, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 1605-1624, Oct. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11276-011-0367-2
- Lee, JH., Toumpakaris, D., and Yu, W., “Interference mitigation via joint detection,” IEEE J. on Selected Areas on Communications, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 1172-1184, Jun. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2011.110606
- Chen, W., Lataief, KB., and Cao, Z., “Network interference cancellation,” IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 5982-5999, Dec. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2009.12.081576
- Mohaisen, M., and Chang, KH., "Maximum-likelihood co-channel interference cancellation with power control for cellular OFDM networks," in Communications and Information Technologies, 2007. ISCIT '07. International Symposium on, Sydney: NSW, pp. 198-202, 2007.
- Jafar, S., and Shamai, S., “Degrees of freedom region for the MIMO x channel,” IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 151-170, Jan. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2007.911262
- Topological Interference Management for K-User Downlink Massive MIMO Relay Network Channel vol.17, pp.8, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/s17081896