- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Color Translucency of Powder Coating using Multiple Artificial Skins and its Application to Makeup Simulation with Thickness Patterns
다수의 인조피부를 이용한 파우더 고유색 측정 및 도포 패턴 표현이 가능한 메이크업 시뮬레이션
- Received : 2015.07.06
- Accepted : 2015.08.06
- Published : 2015.08.31
This paper presents a novel makeup simulation method for powder application. We propose a color appearance model for powder coated skin that is simple but yet capable of producing realistic visual results. From the photos of several artificial skins before and after powder application, the translucency and thickness parameters are achieved by fitting the color model to the photos. Thickness patterns of powder application on actual human face skin is also extracted, and used in makeup simulations on photos of different human face to give more visually appealing results. From experiments, we found that the simulation results are quite realistic, and expect that the proposed makeup simulation can be used as a virtual coloring test in the cosmetic labs.
Makeup simulation;Cosmetic color;Color appearance;Powder application
- M. Doi, R. Ohtsuki, and S. Tominaga, "Spectral estimation of made-up skin color under various conditions," in Proceeding of SPIE 6062, Spectral Imaging: Eighth International Symposium on Multispectral Color Science, pp. 606204-606204-10, 2006.
- M. Doi, R. Ohtsuki, R. Hikima, O. Tanno, and S. Tominaga, "Synthesis of Facial Images with Foundation Make-Up," Computational Color Imaging - Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 5646, pp.188-197, 2009.
- K, Scherbaum, T. Ritschel, M. Hullin, T. Thormählen, V. Blanz, and H.-P. Seidel, “Computer‐Suggested Facial Makeup,” Computer Graphics Forum, vol. 30, no. 2, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8659.2011.01874.x
- J.-Y. You, I.-S. Jang, and J. S. Kim, “A study on the colors of cosmetics and interaction modeling of skin and cosmetics for realistic makeup simulation,” Journal of Korean Society for Imaing Science and Technology, vol 18, no 4, pp. 29-40, 2012.
- I.-S. Jang, J. W. Kim, J.-Y. You, and J. S. Kim, “Spectrum-Based Color Reproduction Algorithm for Makeup Simulation of 3D Facial Avatar,” ETRI Journal, vol 35, no 6, pp. 969-979, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.13.2013.0079
- C.-G. Huang, T.-S. Huang, W.-C. Lin, and J.-H. Chuang, “Physically-based Cosmetic Rendering,” in Proceeding of Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics and Games, pp. 190-190, 2013.
- R. H. Byrd, R. B. Schnabel, and G. A. Schultz, “A trust region algorithm for nonlinearly constrained optimization, ” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 24, pp. 1152–1170, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1137/0724076
- S. Schaefer, T. McPhail, and J. Warren, “Image Deformation Using Moving Least Squares," ACM Transactions on Graphics, vol. 25, no. 3, pp 533-540, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1145/1141911.1141920
- Tazz [Internet]. Available: http://www.taaz.com/.
- Makeover [Internet]. Available: http://www.beautyriot.com/free-virtual-makeover-intro.
- LANCOME [Online]. Available: Apple's App store.
- W.-S. Tong, C.-K. Tang, M. S. Brown, and Y.-Q. Xu, “Example-Based Cosmetic Transfer,” in Proceeding of Pacific Conference on Computer Graphics and Applications, pp. 211-218, 2008.
- D. Guo and T. Sim, “Digital face makeup by example,” in Proceeding of IEEE Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 73–79, 2009.
- P. Kubelka, “New Contributions to the Optics of Intensely Light-Scattering Materials, Part I,” Journal of the Optical Society of America, vol.38, no.5, pp. 448-457, 1948. https://doi.org/10.1364/JOSA.38.000448
- P. Kubelka, “New Contributions to the Optics of Intensely Light-Scattering Materials. Part II: Nonhomogeneous layers,” Journal of the Optical Society of America, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 330-335, 1954. https://doi.org/10.1364/JOSA.44.000330