- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Location Estimation Method Using TDOA Scheme in Vessel Environment
선박 환경에서 TDOA 기법에 의한 위치 추정 방법
Kim, Beom-mu;Jeong, Min A;Lee, Seong Ro
- Received : 2015.05.18
- Accepted : 2015.07.06
- Published : 2015.08.31
An estimation problem in the environment which GPS signals do not reach, should be solved by employing an indoor location estimation scheme. Location estimation schemes for indoor environments generally include the AOA, TOA, RSS, Fingerprint, and TDOA. For a ship environment where there exist many spaces enclosed by iron plates, the TDOA scheme is appropriate because location estimation is usually performed at a closed range. In this paper, we address the problem of estimating the location of a terminal under the ship environment. The problem of location estimation by using the TDOA is presented in detail, and then an algorithm for applying the estimation to the ship environment is proposed. Finally, the proposed algorithm of location estimation in a ship by the TDOA scheme is verified through simulations from three viewpoints.
Detection Process;Localization Estimation Process;TDOA;Vessel Environment;WLAN
- J. Y. Cha, Y. B. Kong, J. W. Choi, J. H. Ko, Y. G. Kwon, "IEEE 802.15.4a based Localization Algorithm for Location Accuracy Enhancement in the NLOS Environment," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, Vol.16, No.8, pp.1789-1798. 2012.05 https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2012.16.8.1789
- S. Son, H. Choi, H. Cho, Y. Baek, "Location Information Reliability-Based Precision Locating System Using NLOS Condition Estimation," The Journal of Korea Information and Communications Society, Vol.38C, No.01, pp.97-108. 2013.01. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2013.38C.1.97
- S. Wooo, H. Jeon, H. Park, “A Study on NLOS Error Solution Method in Indoor Location Estimate,” Korea Computer Congress Vol. 33, No. 1(D), pp.178-180, 2006.
- Y. Lim, J. Park, and S. Ahn, “A Geometric Approach for the Indoor Localization System,” Journal of The Institue of Electronics Engineers Vol.45, Part.TC No.12, 2008. 12, pp. 1058-1065
- D. Ahn, R. Ha, “Indoor Localization Methodology Based on Smart Phone in Home Environment,” The Journal of Korea Information and Communications Society '14-04 Vol.39C No.04, pp. 315-325. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2014.39C.4.315
- Cong, L. and W. Zhuang, "Non-line-of-sight error mitigation in TDOA mobile location," IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, volume: 1, pp. 680-684. 2001.
- B. Kim, M. A. Jeong, S. R. Lee, “Location Estimation Method Employing Fingerprinting Scheme based on K-Nearest Neighbor Algorithm under WLAN Environment of Ship,” Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 10 : 2530~2536 Oct. 2014. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2014.18.10.2530
- J. J. Lee, J. W. Kwon, M. A Jung, S. R. Lee, “Fingerprinting Bayesian Algorithm for Indoor Location Determination,” The Journal of Korea Information and Communications Society, Vol.35, No. 6, pp.888-894. 2010.06.
- J. J. Lee, M. A Jung, S. R. Lee, I. H. Song, “KNN/ANN Hybrid Location Determination Algorithm for Indoor Location Base Service,” The Journal of Institute Of Electronics And Information Engineers, Vol. 48, No.2, pp.109-115. 2011.03.
- J. J. Lee, L. H. Song, J. H. Kim, S. R. Lee, “Optimized KNN/IFCM Algorithm for Efficient Indoor Location,” The Journal of Institute Of Electronics And Information Engineers, Vol. 48, No.2, pp.125-133. 2011.03.
- J. J. Lee, M. A Jung, S. R. Lee, “KNN/PFCM Hybrid Algorithm for Indoor Location Determination in WLAN,” The Journal of Institute Of Electronics And Information Engineers, Vol. 47, No.6, pp.146-153. 2010.11.
- H. G. Jo, S. Y. Jeong, S. J. Kang, “Enhanced Accurate Indoor Localization System Using RSSI Fingerprint Overlapping Method in Sensor Network,” The Journal of Korea Information and Communications Society, Vol.37C, No.08, pp.731-740. 2012.08. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2012.37C.8.731
- T. Kim, S. Tak, “Modeling and Performance Evaluation of AP Deployment Schemes for Indoor Location-Awareness,” Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, Vol.17, No.4, pp.847-856, 2013.03. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2013.17.4.847
Grant : 첨단 그린 디지털 선박을 위한 응용기술 연구