- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Navigation Signal Characteristics of China Beidou Satellite Navigation System
중국의 BeiDou 위성항법시스템의 항법신호 분석에 관한 연구
Ko, Kwang-Soob;Choi, Chang-Mook
- Received : 2015.05.17
- Accepted : 2015.06.23
- Published : 2015.08.31
The paper is focused on not only the system characteristics of BeiDou, China GNSS, but also the statistic analysis based on its real data received from the BeiDou's satellite navigation messages. The 6-7 satellites, which are more than minimum number of 4 satellites to obtain 3-D position, are available for receiving navigation signal in stable case. It was also verified that the available satellites are deviated to specific coordinate and their signals are still unstable. Only as long as the received signal with the high stability, the precision of the BeiDou navigation satellite navigation system was identified with 5m level in deviation. The Beidou system is expected to be rising as a darkhorse in the future of the global satellite navigation area.
BeiDou;GNSS;Navigation signal;Precision;Statistic analysis
- BBC Technology News, China's Beidou GPS-substitute opens to public in Asia, 2012.12.27. Available: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology
- GPS World, "Galileo, Compass on collision course," GPS World, vol. 19, Issue 4, p.27, 2008.
- Levin Dan, Chinese square off with Europe in space, The New York Times, 2009.3.23. Available : http://www.nytimes.com
- B. W. Parkinson, J. J. SpilkerJr, Global Positioning System: Theory and Applications Volume I, Washington, DC: AIAA, 1996.
- E. D. Kaplan, C. J. Hegarty, Understanding GPS Principles and Applications, MA: Artec House, 2006.
- Kim, K. S.,The Development Trend of the GNSS and BeiDou Satellite Navigation System, Thesis of the Dept. of Navigation in Korea Maritime University, 2015.
- Ko, K. S., "Circumstance Change of GNSS & Application Strategy of Navigation Technology for Modern Weapon System", The Journal of the Korea Institute of Information & Communication Engineering, vol.14, no.1, pp. 267-275, 2010. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2010.14.1.267
- China National Space Administration, The construction of BeiDou navigation system steps into important stage "Three Steps" development guideline clear and certain", 2010.
- China Satellite Navigation Office, Report on the Development of BeiDou(COMPASS) Navigation Satellite System, Version 2.2, 2013.
- China Satellite Navigation Office, The BDS Service Area(partial enlarged detail), BeiDou Navigation Satellite System Open Service Performance Standard version 1.0, 2013. BDS-OS-PS-1.0
- Wikipedia, BeiDou Navigation Satellite System, 2013.
- Spaceflight Now News, Chinese navigatin system enters new phase with successful launch, 2015.3.30. Available : http://www.spaceflight.com
- Bankok Post News, Thailand to use China's GPS System, 2013.4.4. Available : http://www.bankokpost.com
- China Daily, China to invest big to support BeiDou System, 2013.5.18. Available : http://usa.chinadaily.com
- People Daily News, China's BeiDou system to cover Thailand, 2013.11.2. Available : http://en.people.cn.
- S. Bian, J. Jin, Z. Fang, "The BeiDou Satellite Positioning Systems and It's Positioning Accuracy," J. of the Institute of Navigation, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. - , Fall 2005.
- Beidou Navigation Satellite System Website. Available : http://www.beidou.gov.cn
- Analysis of Positioning Accuracy for DGNSS-based Land Navigation Using GPS/BDS Navigation Satellite System vol.25, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2017.25.4.422