- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Navigation Parameters of L1, C/A GPS through the Experimental and Statistical Analysis
실험 및 통계적 분석을 통한 L1, C/A코드 GPS의 항법 파라미터연구
- Received : 2015.05.17
- Accepted : 2015.06.24
- Published : 2015.08.31
This research was focused on the analysis of navigation parameters from the received L1, C/A signal of the recent GPS, which has advanced with the SA policy change and the GPS modernization policy by the United States. It was done as a first step study for a comprehensive analysis on the multiple satellite navigation systems which will be adding or separating GPS signal. In particular, the statistical analysis on the GDOP change and positional accuracy based on the geocentric and spherical coordinate systems were investigated with carrier- to-noise ratio and the satellite geometry, The obtained GDOP values of HDOP, PDOP, VDOP are 0.5, 1.2, and 1.1, respectively in deviation. In addition, the positioning accuracies with these GDOP values were analyzed in the ellipsoidal and ECEF coordinates.
SA;Navigation Parameter;GDOP;Position Accuracy;Multi-GNSS
- B. W. Parkinson, J. J. Spilker Jr., Global Positioning System: Theory and Applications VolumeI, Washington, DC: AIAA, 1996.
- U-BLOX, EVK-7/EVK-M8 Evaluation Kits User Guide, 2014.
- GPS worlds Website. Available : http://www.gpsworld.com
- GPS Website. Available : http://www.gps.gov.
- GLONASS Website. Available:http://www.glonass-center.ru
- GALILEO Website. Available:http://www.ec.europa.eu/galileo
- Beidou Navigation Satellite System Website. Available : http://www.beidou.gov.cn
- DOT, DoD, DHS, 2012 Fedral Radionavigation Plan, US DOT, DOT & DHS, 2012.
- A. H. Phillips, “Geometrical Determination of PDOP,” Journal of Navigation, Vol.31, no.4, pp.329-333, 1984-1985. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-4296.1984.tb00883.x
- E. D. Kaplan, C. J. Hegarty, Understanding GPS Principles and Applications, MA: Artec House, 2006.
- Ko, K. S. & Choi, C. M., “Mathematical Algorithms for Two-Dimensional Positioning Based on GPS Pseudorange Technique,” The Journal of the Korea Institute of Information & Communication Engineering, vol.8, no.5, pp. 605-606, 2010.