- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Development of Component Vulnerability Analysis Program for Armored Fighting Vehicle using Criticality based on FMECA
FMECA 기반 위험도를 활용한 전차의 구성 부품별 취약성 분석 프로그램의 개발
Hwang, Hun-Gyu;Kang, Ji-Won;Lee, Jang-Se
- Received : 2015.04.10
- Accepted : 2015.05.13
- Published : 2015.08.31
The combat system has a different purpose depending on its mission. All functions of combat system are important, but, the components that related main functions for the purpose, are important than other components. Also, the hit probability of component is proportional to area of the component. Therefore, when we analyze vulnerability of combat system, to consider the importance and hit probability of component. Thus to improve reliability of combat system, we apply the analyzed result to design combat system. In this paper, we develop a vulnerability analysis program based on criticality which calculated from importance and hit probability of components by related researches. To do this, we propose a methodology to apply criticality of components, and define classification rates for calculating criticality based on FMECA. Additionally, we propose a technique of vulnerability analysis using criticality of components, and apply the proposed technique to develop and test the vulnerability analysis program for automation of analysis.
Criticality;Failure Mode;Effectiveness and Criticality Analysis;Component;Vulnerability analysis;Armored fighting vehicle
- K. S Kim and J. H. Lee, “Simplified vulnerability assessment procedure for a warship based on the vulnerable area approach,” Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 2171-2181, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-012-0539-8
- H. G. Hwang, J. W. Lee, B. K. Yoo and J. S. Lee, “A development of kill vulnerability analysis system for tank based on hit probability using fault tree analysis,” Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 19, no. 8, 2015 (in press)
- M. S. Wi, S. M. An, T. H. Eom, H. J. Jin, D. S. Kim and J. S. Park, "Survivability and reliability analysis for combat system by using fault tree structure" in Proceeding of The 2014 Spring Conference of The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers(Division of Reliability), Jeju, Korea, p. 174, 2014.
- H. G. Hwang, H. K. Kim, J. W. Lee and J. S. Lee, "A study on importance estimation of critical components for combat system survivability analysis," in Proceeding of The 1st Annual Conference of Next Defense, Seoul, Korea, pp.145-146, 2014.
- IEC 60812, Analysis Techniques for System Reliability - Procedure for Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), International Electrotechnical Commission, Switzerland, 1985.
- MIL-STD-1629A, Military Standard : Procedures for performing a Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis, Department of Defense(DoD), Washington D. C., 1980.
- R. J. Latino, K. C. Latino and M. A. Latino, Root Cause Analysis: Improving Performance for Bottom-Line Results, 4th ed. CRC Press, 2011.
- D. J. Shin, A Study on Improvement of Reliability for the Urban Transit Vehicles using FMEA/FMECA, M.S. Thesis, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University, Korea, 2011.
- W. E. Baker, J. H. Smith and W. A. Winner, “Vulnerability/Lethality Modeling of Armored Combat Vehicles - Status and Recommendations,” Army Research Laboratory, U. S. 1993.
- H. G. Hwang, J. W. Lee, J. W. Lee and J. S. Lee, “A development of survivability analysis system for tank using importance of components,” Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 1269-1276, 2015. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2015.19.5.1269
- A Method for Reliability Analysis of Armored Fighting Vehicle using RBD based on Integrated Hit Probabilities of Crews and Components vol.20, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.5.1040
- A Method and Application of Vulnerability Analysis for Combat Systems Considering Threats and Defense Ability : Focused on PKM Model vol.20, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.8.1623