- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Development of Hit Probability-based Vulnerability Analysis System for Armored Fighting Vehicle using Fault Tree Analysis Technique
FTA 기법을 활용한 피격 확률 기반의 전차 취약성 분석 시스템 개발
- Received : 2015.03.13
- Accepted : 2015.04.15
- Published : 2015.08.31
Recently, the development of reliability analysis system for combat system is required, because, necessities of integrated reliability analysis research are emphasized. In this paper, we develop a system which analyzes vulnerabilities for tank(or armored vehicle) based on the fault tree analysis(FTA) technique. The FTA is representative technique of reliability analysis to find cause of fault and calculate probability of fault. To do this, we propose a method to apply FTA technique into domain of vulnerability analysis for tank. Also, we develop the vulnerability analysis system using the proposed method. The system analyzes hit probabilities of components of tank based on multiple shot-lines, and calculates kill probabilities. The analyzed and calculated data support vulnerability analysis of tank.
Fault tree analysis;Hit probability;Kill probability;Vulnerability analysis;Armored fighting vehicle
- H. G. Hwang, H. K. Kim, J. S. Lee, H. J. Lee and J. S. Park, "A development of penetration analysis program for analyzing survivability of combat system," in Proceeding of The 2013 Annual Conference of Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, Jeju, Korea, pp. 1997-1998, 2013.
- H. G. Hwang, J. W. Lee, J. S. Lee and J. S. Park, “A development of 3D penetration analysis program for survivability analysis of combat system : focused on tank model,” Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 244-250, 2015. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2015.19.1.244
- H. G. Hwang, J. S. Lee, S. C. Lee, Y. J. Park and H. P. Lee, “A development of flash fire prediction program for combat system” Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 255-261, 2013. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2013.17.1.255
- H. G. Hwang, H. K. Kim, J. S. Lee, H. J. Lee, E. M. Lee and H. P. Lee, "A development of vulnerability analysis program for combat system by flash fire" in Proceeding of The 2013 Annual Conference of Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, Jeju, Korea, pp. 1999-2000, 2013.
- W. E. Vesely, F. F. Goldberg, N. H. Roberts and D. F. Haasl, “Fault Tree Handbook,” U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, U.S., 1981.
- M. D. Burdeshaw, J. M. Abell, S. K. Price, and L. K. Roach, “Degraded States Vulnerability Analysis of a Foreign Armored Fighting Vehicle,” Army Research Laboratory, U. S. 1993.
- Michael V. Carras Jr, "BDA Enhancement Methodology using Situational Parameter Adjustments," Air Force Institute of Technology, 2006.
- H. G. Hwang, H. K. Kim, J. W. Lee and J. S. Lee, “A study on importance estimation of critical components for combat system survivability analysis,” in Proceeding of The 1st Annual Conference of Next Defense, Seoul, Korea, pp.145-146, 2014.
- Michael O. Said, “Theory and practice of total ship survivability for ship design,” Naval Engineers Journal, vol. 107, issue 4, pp. 191-203, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-3584.1995.tb03085.x
- M. S. Wi, S. M. An, T. H. Eom, H. J. Jin, D. S. Kim and J. S. Park, "Survivability and reliability analysis for combat system by using fault tree structure" in Proceeding of The 2014 Spring Conference of The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers(Division of Reliability), Jeju, Korea, p. 174, 2014.
- K. S Kim and J. H. Lee, “Simplified vulnerability assessment procedure for a warship based on the vulnerable area approach,” Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 2171-2181, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-012-0539-8
- Li, J., Yang, W., Zhang, Y., Pei, Y., Ren, Y., and Wang, W., “Aircraft vulnerability modeling and computation methods based on product structure and CATIA,” Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, vol. 26, no. 2, 334-342, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cja.2013.02.010
- H. G. Hwang, H. K. Kim and J. S. Lee, “An agent based modeling and simulation for survivability analysis of combat system,” Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 2581-2588, 2012. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2012.16.12.2581
- H. G. Hwang, J. W. Lee, J. S. Lee, and J. S. Park, “A development of 3D penetration analysis program for survivability analysis of combat system : Focused on Tank Model,” Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 244-250, 2014. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2015.19.1.244
- International Electrotechnical Commission, IEC 61025 : Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) Second edition, International Electrotechnical Commission, 2006.
- A Method for Reliability Analysis of Armored Fighting Vehicle using RBD based on Integrated Hit Probabilities of Crews and Components vol.20, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.5.1040
- A Method and Application of Vulnerability Analysis for Combat Systems Considering Threats and Defense Ability : Focused on PKM Model vol.20, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.8.1623