- Volume 19 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Performance Comparison between Interference Minimization and Signal Maximization in Multi-Cell Random Access Networks
다중 셀 랜덤 액세스 네트워크에서 간섭 최소화 기법과 신호 최대화 기법의 성능 비교
- 조한성 ;
- Received : 2015.06.01
- Accepted : 2015.07.01
- Published : 2015.08.20
Opportunistic interference alignment (OIA) has been proposed for multi-cell random access networks (RAN), which minimizes the generating interference to neighboring RANs and yields better performance compared with the conventional techniques. The OIA for RANs considers both physical (PHY) and medium access control (MAC) layers. In this paper, we introduce a protocol of which each user maximizes the transmit signal regardless of the generating interference to neighboring RANs, contrary to the OIA technique. In addition, we compare the performance of the signal-maximization technique with the OIA technique.
Opportunistic interference alignment;transmit beamforming;slotted ALOHA;random access networks
- J. Cha, H. Jin, B. C. Jung, and D. K. Sung, “Performance comparison of downlink user multiplexing in IEEE 802.11ac: Multi-user MIMO vs. frame aggregation,” IEEE WCNC, Apr. 2012.
- S. W. Jeon and W. Y. Shin, “Dynamic opportunistic interference alignment for random-access small-cell networks”, J-KICS, vol 39A, no. 11, pp. 0675-0681, Nov. 2014. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2014.39A.11.675
- H. Jin, S. W. Jeon and B. C. Jung, “Opportunistic interference alignment for random access networks”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, (To Appear).
- H. Jin, B. C. Jung, J. Oh, and M. S. Song, “A distributed interference management for crowded WLANs: Opportunistic interference alignment," IEEE VTC2015-Fall, Sept. 2015 (To Appear).
- V. R. Cadambe and S. A. Jafar, “Interference alignment anddegrees of freedom of the K-user interference channel,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 3425–3441, Aug. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2008.926344
- B. C. Jung and W. Y. Shin, “ Opportunistic interference alignment for interference-limited cellular TDD uplink”, IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 15, no.2, pp. 148-150, Feb. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2011.121310.101439
- B. C. Jung, D. Park, and W.-Y. Shin, “Opportunistic interference mitigation achieves optimal degrees-offreedom in wireless multi-cell uplink networks,” IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 60, no. 7, pp. 1935–1944, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2012.051012.110205
- H. J. Yang, W. Y. Shin, B. C. Jung and A. Paulraj, “Opportunistic interference alignment for MIMO interfering multiple access channel”, IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 2180-2192, May. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2013.032113.120673
- H. J. Yang, W.-Y. Shin, B. C. Jung, C. Suh, and A. Paulraj, “Opportunistic downlink interference alignment,” preprint, [Online]. Available: http://arxiv.org/pdf/1312.7198v1.pdf.
- H. Jin, B. C. Jung, H. Y. Hwang, and D. K. Sung, “A MIMO-based collision mitigation scheme in uplink WLANs,” IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 417-419, Jun. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2008.071672
- H. Jin, B. C. Jung, H. Y. Hwang and D. K. Sung, “A throughput balance problem between uplink and downlink in multi-user MIMO-based WLAN systems,” IEEE WCNC, Mar. 2009.
- H. Jin, B. C. Jung, and D. K. Sung, “A tradeoff between single-user and multi-user MIMO schemes in multi-rate uplink WLANs,” IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 3332-3342, Oct. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2011.080311.101980
- S. Yoon, I. Rhee, B. C. Jung, B. Daneshrad, and J. H. Kim, “Contrabass: Concurrent transmissions without coordination for ad hoc networks," IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 1134-1142, Apr. 2011.
- D. Chee, M. S. Kang, H. Lee, and B. C. Jung, “A study on the green cellular network with femtocells", IEEE ICUFN, pp. 235-240, Jun. 2011.
- S. -W. Jeon and B. C. Jung, “Interference Neutralization for Small-Cell Wireless Networks”, J-KICS, Vol. 38A, No. 12, pp. 1117-1124, Dec. 2013. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2013.38A.12.1117
- S. A. Jafar and M. J. Fakhereddin, “Degrees of freedom for the MIMO interference channel”, IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 53, no. 7, pp.2637-2642, Jul. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2007.899557