- Volume 19 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Analysis of transmission delay of timecode over SpaceWire network using OMNeT++
OMNeT++을 이용한 스페이스와이어 네트워크의 타임코드 전송 지연 분석
- Received : 2015.04.29
- Accepted : 2015.05.29
- Published : 2015.08.20
SpaceWire is a standard for high-speed links and networks between spacecraft components, which was invented for better, cheaper and faster on-board data handling in spacecraft. The standard defines timecode and its distribution which can be used for time synchronization among the nodes in a SpaceWire network. A timecode output from the time master which provides standard time over a SpaceWire network travels through links and routers to reach every nodes. While traveling, a timecode suffers from transmission delay and jitter which cause some difference in time synchronization among nodes. In this work, a simulator was developed using OMNeT++ to simulate the operation of a SpaceWire network and some analyses were performed on the transmission delay and jitter accompanied with a transmission of a timecode. The result will be used in the near future for the research of a precise time synchronization technique over a SpaceWire network.
SpaceWire;timecode;time synchronization;transmission delay;OMNeT++
- N. Matveeva, Y. Sheynin and E. Suvorova, “QoS support in embedded networks and NoC,” in Proceeding of 2014 16th Conference of Open Innovations Association(FRUCT16), Oulu, pp. 51–59, 2014.
- S.-M. Ryu, “Improvement of Time Synchronization over SpaceWire Link,” Journal of Control, Robotics and Systems, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 1144-1149, Nov. 2009. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2009.15.11.1144
- F. Pinsard and C. Cara, “High resolution time synchronization over spacewire links,” in Proceeding of 2008 IEEE Aerospace Conference, pp. 1-8, 2008.
- B. V. Leeuwen, J. Eldridge and J. Leemaster, “SpaceWire Network Simulation of System Time Precision,” in Proceeding of International Spacewire Conference 2011, pp. 113-120, 2011.
- A. Roberts, S. G. Dykes, R. Klar and C. C. Mangels, “A Link-Layer Broadcast Service for SpaceWire Networks,” in Proceeding of 2007 IEEE Aerospace Conference, pp. 1-10, 2007.
- OMNeT++. Available: http://www.omnetpp.org/
- A. Varga and R. Hornig, “An overview of the OMNeT++ simulation environment,” in Proceeding of the 1st international conference on Simulation tools and techniques for communications, networks and systems & workshops, pp. 1-10, 2008.
- X. Xian, W. Shi and H. Huang, “Comparison of OMNET++ and other simulator for WSN simulation,” in Proceeding of the 3rd IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications, pp. 1439-1443, 2008.
- OMNeT++ User Manual. Available: http://www.omnetpp.org/
- ESA Standard, ECSS-E-ST-50-12C: SpaceWire-Links, nodes, routers and networks, Jul. 2008. Available: http://www.spacewire.esa.int/content/Standard/ECSS-E50-12A.php
- ESA SpaceWire Web site. Available: http://www.spacewire.esa.int/content/Home/HomeIntro.php
- IEEE Standard 1355, IEEE Standard for Heterogeneous Interconnect (HIC), IEEE 1995.
- D. Raszhivin and Y. Sheynin, “Real-Time SpaceWire Services in Networked Embedded Systems,” in Proceeding of the 2014 Mediterranean Conference on Embedded Computing, Budva: Montenegro, pp. 214 - 216, 2014.
- E. Balandina, Y. Sheynin, Y. Koucheryavy and S. Balandin, “Protocol design for wireless extension of embedded networks: Overview of requirements and challenges,” in Proceeding of 2014 International SpaceWire Conference, Athens, pp, 1 - 4, 2014.