- Volume 19 Issue 9
Multimodal dual camera system has a stereo-like configuration equipped with an infrared thermal and optical camera. This paper presents stereo calibration methods on multimodal dual camera system using a target board that can be recognized by both thermal and optical camera. While a typical stereo calibration method usually performed with extracted intrinsic and extrinsic camera parameter, consecutive image processing steps were applied in this paper as follows. Firstly, the corner points were detected from the two images, and then the pixel error rate, the size difference, the rotation degree between the two images were calculated by using the pixel coordinates of detected corner points. Secondly, calibration was performed with the calculated values via affine transform. Lastly, result image was reconstructed with mapping regions on calibrated image.
Stereo Camera;Calibration;Thermal Camera;affine transform
- H. C. Shin, S. H. Kim, K. H. Sohn, “Hybrid Stereoscopic Camera System ,” Journal of broadcast engineering, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 602-613, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5909/JEB.2011.16.4.602
- S. H. Lee, J. H. Lee, “Dual camera based wide-view imaging system and In-line image registration algorithm,” The Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers, pp. 1343- 1346, Jun. 2011.
- Zhang et al, "A flexible new technique for camera calibration", IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, , vol 22, No. 11, pp1330-1334, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.888718
- L. G. Shapiro, G. C. Stockman, "Computer Vision", New York: Prentice Hall, 2001.
- Milan Sonka, Vaclav Hlavac, Roger Boyle, “Image Processing, Analysis, and Machine Vision,” 4th Ed. Cengage Learning.
- W. T. Kim, “Principles and System Configuration of Infrared Thermography,” Journal of the Korean society for nondestructive testing, Vol.31, No.2, pp.181-188, Apr., 2011.
- Open Source Computer Vision Library, Available: http://opencv.org/
- G. Bradski, A. Kaehler, "Learning OpenCV",1th ed, CA: O’Reilly Media Pub, 2008.
- FLIR, Application stories. Available : http://www.flir.com/cs/display/?id=40991