- Volume 19 Issue 9
The existing CCTV has limitation such as problem on usage of the off-line type of recorded image for specific investigation, and requirement on interactive operator intervention for real-time surveillance. Therefore, it is required to develop the intelligent CCTV equipped with various functionalities in order to overcome drawbacks mentioned above. In this paper, implementation methods of image-based virtual fence were proposed by using the spline curves with supplied control for setup of surveillance area. In addition, pre-alarm region within the predefined distance was established with tangent and normal lines extracted from control points. The image-based virtual fence can be used for remote detection of intrusion and provision of real-time intrusion alarm, and can be expected to use in safety-related application areas including security and crime prevention.
Virtual Fence;Intelligent Surveillance;Spline Curve;Invasion Detection
- Jun-Horng Chen, Teng-Hui Tseng, Chin-Lun Lai, and Sheng-Ta Hsieh, “An intelligent virtual fence security system for the detection of people invading,” Ubiquitous Intelligence & Computing and 9th International Conference on Autonomic & Trusted Computing (UIC/ATC), 2012 9th International Conference, pp786-791, 2012.
- Javier Barandiaran, Berta Murguia, Fernando Boto, “Real-Time People Counting Using Multiple Lines”, Image Analysis for Multimedia Interactive Services, 2008. WIAMIS '08. Ninth International Workshop. pp159-162. 2008.
- Zulaikha Kadim, Liang Kim Meng, Norshuhada Samudin, “Video Analytics Algorithm For Detecting Objects Crossing Lines In Specific Direction Using Blob-Based Analysis”, Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Advances in Mobile Computing & Multimedia, pp306-312, 2012.
- Donald Hearn and M. Pauline Baker, Computer Graphics, 2nd ed, Prentice-Hall Inc, 1997.
- ttk448, cubic spline interpolation in C++ [Internet], Available: http://kluge.in-chemnitz.de/opensource/spline/
- Young Im Ch o, Sung Soon Jang, “Implementation of Intelligent Speech Recognition System according to CCTV Emergency Information”, JIIC, Vol. 19, No. 3 pp 415-420, 2009.
- Miwa Takai, “Measurement of complex quantity of monitoring area and detection of high active part of invading object in complex background for suveillance camera system”, Mechatronics (ICM), 2015 IEEE International Conference, pp522-528, 2015.