- Volume 19 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A fixed-point implementation and performance analysis of EGML moving object detection algorithm
EGML 이동 객체 검출 알고리듬의 고정소수점 구현 및 성능 분석
- Received : 2015.06.24
- Accepted : 2015.07.31
- Published : 2015.08.20
An analysis of hardware design conditions of moving object detection (MOD) algorithm is described, which is based on effective Gaussian mixture learning (EGML). A simulation model of EGML algorithm is implemented using OpenCV, and the effects of some parameter values on background learning time and MOD sensitivity are analyzed for various images. In addition, optimal design conditions for hardware implementation of EGML-based MOD algorithm are extracted from fixed-point simulations for various bit-widths of parameters. The proposed fixed-point model of the EGML-based MOD uses only half of the bit-width at the expense of the loss of MOD performance within 0.5% when compared with floating-point MOD results.
moving object detection;MOD;Gaussian mixture model;EGML;background learning
- P.-L. St-Charles, G.-A. Bilodeau, and R. Bergevin, “A Self-Adjusting Approach to Change Detection Based on Background Word Consensus,” IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), Jan. 6-9, 2015.
- M. Hofmann, P. Tiefenbacher, and G. Rigoll, “Background Segmentation with Feedback: The Pixel-Based Adaptive Segmenter,” Proc. of IEEE Workshop on Change Detection, June, 2012.
- M. Van Droogenbroeck, and O. Paquot, “Background Subtraction: Experiments and Improvements for ViBe,” Proc of IEEE Workshop on Change Detection, CVPR, June, 2012
- J. S Lim, “Hardware Implementation of Background Subtraction Algorithm,” Graduate School, Kyungbuk University, Dec. 2006.
- D. Lee, “Effective Gaussian Mixture Learning for Video Background Subtraction,” IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 827-832, May 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2005.102
- S. Kulchandani, and J. Dangarwala, “Moving object detection: Review of recent research trends,” Pervasive Computing (ICPC), 2015 International Conference, Jan. 2015.
- M. Piccardi, “Background subtraction techniques: A review,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Syst., Man Cybern., vol. 4, pp. 3099-3104, Oct. 2004.
- K. Kim, T. Chalidabhongse, D. Harwood, and L. Davis, “Real-time foreground-background segmentation using code-book model,” Real-Time Imag., Special Issue on Video Object Processing, vol. 11, pp. 172-185, Jun. 2005.
- A. Elgammal, R. Duraiswami, D. Harwood, and L.S. Davis, “Background and foreground modeling using nonparametric kernel density estimation for visual surveillance,” Proc. IEEE, vol. 90, no. 7, pp. 1151-1163, Jul. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2002.801448
- Xia Dong, Kedian Wang, and Guohua Jia, “Moving Object and Shadow Detection Based on RGB Color Space and Edge Ratio,” IEEE 2nd International Conf. on Image and Signal Processing, pp. 1 -5, Oct. 2009.
- Jin Min Choi, Hyung Jin Chang, Yung Jun Yoo, and Jin Young Choi, “Robust moving object detection against fast illumiation change,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, pp. 179-193, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cviu.2011.10.007
- Jinhai Xiang, Heng Fan, Honghong Liao, Jun Xu, Weiping Sun, and Shengsheng Yu, “Moving object detection and Shadow Removing under Changing Illumination Condition,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, pp. 1-10, Feb. 2014.
- P. Suo, and Y. Wang, “An improved adaptive background modeling algorithm based on Gaussian Mixture Model,” ICSP 2008. 9th International Conference on, Oct. 2008.
- J. Hsiehm, S. Yu, Y. Chen, and W. Hu, “Automatic traffic surveillance system for vehicle tracking and classification,” IEEE transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 7, no 2, pp. 175-187, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2006.874722
- J. Black, S. Velastin, and B. Boghossian, “A real time surveillance system for metropolitan railways,” IEEE Conf. on Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance, pp. 189-194, Sep. 2005.
- C. Stauffer, and W. Grimson, “Adaptive background mixture models for real-time tracking,” Proc. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, vol. 2, pp. 246-252, Jun. 1999.
Grant : 사물인터넷 기반 영상보안용 초저전력 SoC 핵심 IP 기술 개발