- Volume 19 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on Salt & Pepper Noise Removal using the Pixel Distribution of Local Mask
국부 마스크의 화소 분포를 이용한 Salt & Pepper 잡음 제거에 관한 연구
Kwon, Se-Ik;Kim, Nam-Ho
- Received : 2015.05.22
- Accepted : 2015.07.01
- Published : 2015.08.20
Due to the recent progress in information technology, demand for video imaging devices such as displays has grown. In general, images experience deterioration during the process of transmission due to various reasons. Many studies have boon undertaken on ways o reduce such noise. This paper6 suggests an algorithm that makes a judgment on the noise in order to remove the salt & pepper noise and replaces original pixels if they are non-noise while processing noise according to its density. The suggested algorithm shows a high PSNR of 30.49[dB] for Goldhill images that had been damaged of a high density salt & pepper noise(P = 60%), Compared to the exising CWMF, SWMF, and A-TMF, there were improvements by 17.74[dB], 11.52[dB], and 13.76[dB], respectively.
Denoising;Newton Interpolation;Spatial Weighted;Median Filter
- R. C. Gonzalez and R.E. woods, Eds., Digital Image Processing, Prentice Hall, 2007.
- RW. Luo, "Efficient removal of impulse noise from digital images," IEEE Trans. Consumer Electron, vol. 52, no. 2, pp.523-527, May 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCE.2006.1649674
- Se-Ik Kwon and Nam-Ho Kim, "A Study on Modified Spatial Weighted Filter in Mixed Noise Environments," JICCE, vol. 19, no. 1, 2015.
- Öten, Remzi and De Figueiredo, Rlui J P, "Adaptive Alpha-Trimmed Mean Filters Under Deviations From Assumed Noise Model", IEEE Trans, Image Processing, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 627-639, May 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2003.821115
- Xu Long and Nam-Ho Kim, "An Improved Weighted Filter for AWGN Removal", JKIICE, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1227-1232, 2013.
- Sang-Woou Hong and Nam-Ho Kim, "A Study on Median Filter using Directional Mask in Salt & Pepper Noise Environments", JKIICE, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 203-236, 2015.