- Volume 19 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on Removal of Salt and Pepper Noise using Deformable Masks Depending on the Noise Density
잡음 밀도에 따라 가변 마스크를 적용한 Salt and Pepper 잡음 제거에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.06.19
- Accepted : 2015.07.23
- Published : 2015.08.20
In digital era image processing has been utilized in a variety of media such as TV, camera and smart phone. Typically salt and pepper noise are generated by various causes during the analysis, identification, and processing of image data. Principal filters such as SMF, CWMF, and AMF have been used to remove these noise. But the existing filters fall short of edge preservation and noise elimination in high noise densities. Thus, a processing algorithm, on which the size of deformable mask varies depending on the noise density, is proposed to remove salt and pepper noise effectively in this study. The performance of the proposed method was evaluated compared with the existing methods using PSNR.
Salt and Pepper Noise;Deformable Masks;Noise Elimination;PSNR
- B. Wei, “mproved adaptive median filtering” Journal of Computer Application, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 1732-1734, July 2008. https://doi.org/10.3724/SP.J.1087.2008.01732
- S. J. Ko and Y. H. Lee, "Center weighted median filters and their application to image enhancement" IEEE Trans. Circuits system, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. 984-993, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/31.83870
- Xu Long and Nam-Ho Kim, "A study on directionally weighted filter for algorithm in impulse noise environments." JKIICE,vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 1734-1739, 2014.
- L. Xu and N. H. Kim, "An improved adaptive median filter for impulse noise removal " JKIICE, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 989-995, 2013.
- T. Veerakumar, S. Esakkirajan and L. Vennila, “n efficient approach to remove random valued impulse noise in images" ICRTIT, 2012 International Conference on. pp. 490-503, 2012.
- C. S. Cho and H. S. Kang, Multimedia signal processing, second edition, pp. 2-6, 2011.
- L. Xu and N. H. Kim, "Modified median filter for impulse noise removal" JKIICE, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 461-446, 2013.
- R. Öten and F. De, “daptive alpha-trimmed mean filter under deviations from assumed noise model” IEEE Trans., Image Processing, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 627-639, May 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2003.821115
- T. Chan and H. Wu, “daptive impulse detection using center-weighed median filters", IEEE Letters Signal Processing, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 1-3, Jan. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/97.889633