- Volume 19 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Plagiarism and Copyright Infringement Status and Countermeasures of Undergraduate Students in Smart Environments
스마트 환경에서 대학생들의 표절과 저작권 침해 실태 및 대응 방안
- Received : 2015.07.03
- Accepted : 2015.08.03
- Published : 2015.08.20
Plagiarism in which people use other people's works partially or in entirety as if they are their own and infringement on copyrights that frequently occur in various forms under smart device environment are becoming one of the crucial problems that need to be solved for Korea to become an advanced nation. This paper investigates and analyzes how college students, the heaviest user of smart devices under various smart device environment, are committing plagiarism and copyright infringement and suggest a basic education plan to prevent plagiarism and copyright infringement. College students have a very low awareness of plagiarism and copyrights and the level of violation associated with plagiarism and copyrights infringement they commit from elementary school to college were found to be at a serious level. It was demonstrated that the solution suggested in this paper to solve these problems would be effective in enhancing the awareness of the bad effect of plagiarism and copyrights infringement along with their side effects.
plagiarism;copyright infringement;citation;internet ethics;smart environment
- Seongiks Lee, Testing Neutralization and Other Theories for Internet Digital Piracy, Korean Journal of Sociology Vol.46, No.05, pp.211~232, 2012.10.
- Sangmi Yoo, Miryang Kim, Analysis on a Structural Equation Model of e-Piracy Causes, Journal of Korean Society for Internet Information Vol.12, No.04, pp.145~156, 2011.04.
- Byungkee Jung, Writing Misconduct of Students and Plan for Research Ethics Education, Thought and Expression Vol.01, No.01, pp.267~294, 2008.11.
- Seongkeun Hwang, The Problem about the Plagiarism and the Writing Ethics of Student, Thought and Expression Vol.01, No.01, pp.231~265, 2008.11.
- Jeonga Choi, 58% of college students, "I saw it plagiarism", "celebrity plagiarism, deal strictly", Dong-A Ilbo(http://news.donga.com/3/all/20130423/54636455/2), 2013.04.
- Yoojo Shim, Jungsung Yeo, Consumers’Digital Piracy: The Attitude-Behavior Relationship and Determinants, Consumer Policy and Education Review Vol.10, No.03, pp.1~32, 2014.09.
- Myungsuk Lee, Suyoung Pi, A Study on the Copyright Education using Mobile Web : Focusing on SNS, The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education Vol.17, No.04, pp.59~67, 2014.07.
- Misun Yoon, Bora Kim, youngbin Moon, Myungjoo Kim, Jungho Park, Variable Analysis on University Students' Ethical Utilization of the Internet shown in Internet Ethics Qualification(IEQ), The Journal of Korean association of computer education Vol.16, No.3, pp.71~78, 2013.03.
- Sunghee Kang, A Comparison of Knowledge, Affectivity and Behavior between Before and After Internet Ethics Education (Focusing on the Copyright Infringement), The Journal of Korean association of computer education Vol.16, No.1, pp.43~50, 2013.01.
- Soyeon Jung, A Study on the Condition of Students’ Plagiarism and the Effect of Prevention and Exposure of Plagiarism Check System, Thought and Expression Vol.04, No.01, pp.157~182, 2011.05.
- Heyyoung Rhee, Taewoo Nam, A Study on Undergraduates‘ Citation Use and Plagiarism Awareness, Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science Vol.44, No.3, pp.175~198, 2010.09. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2010.44.3.175
- Copyright Protection Center, 2015 Annual Report on Copyright Protection, http://www.cleancopyright.or.kr/information/report.php, 2015. 06.
- Suhyun Baek, Six out of every ten university students, "not guilty of plagiarism problem.", Daily UNN(http://news.unn.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=122797), 2014.04.
- Junyoung Choi, Students, self-plagiarism 'enerous' celebrities plagiarism is 'strict' Munhwailbo (http://www.munhwa.com/news/view.html?no=20130423MW150602720079), 2013.04
- Eunjoo Oh, Exploring the Information Ethics and Plagiarism of University Students, Journal of Creativity and Problem Solving Vol.09, No.02, pp.163~184, 2013.12.
- Minseo Cho, Creative imitation, even if there is no "creative plagiarism", The Asia Economy Daily (http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2013070904540700461). 2013.07.