- Volume 6 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Estimation on Clamping Force of High Strength Bolts Considering Temperature Variable of Both Site conditions and Indoor Environments
실내환경과 건설현장 온도변수를 고려한 고력볼트 체결력 예측
- Received : 2015.08.28
- Accepted : 2015.09.15
- Published : 2015.09.30
The torque shear high strength bolt is clamped normally at the break of pin-tail specified. However, the clamping forces on slip critical connections do not often meet the required tension, as it considerably fluctuates due to torque coefficient dependent on lubricant affected temperature. In this study, the clamping tests of torque shear bolts were conducted independently at indoor conditions and at construction site conditions. During last six years, temperature of candidated site conditions was recorded from
high strength bolt;torque;tension;torque-coefficient;estimation
- Architectural Institute of Japan (2003), Guidebook on Design and Fabrication of High Strength Bolted Connections, AIJ.
- ASTM F 2280-06 (2006), Twist Off Type Tension Control Structural Bolt/Nut/Washer Assemblies, Steel, Heat Treated, 150ksi Minimum Tensile Strength, ASTM International, Philadelphia, PA, USA.
- ASTM F959M, Standard Specification for Compressible-Washer-Type Direct Tension Indicators for use with Structural Fasteners, ASTM International, Philadelphia, PA, USA.
- Bickford, John H.(1990), An Introduction to the Design and Behavior of Bolted Joints, Marcel Dekker Inc., Madison Avenue, New York, NJ.
- Khairedin Abdalla, Dimitrios N. Kaziolas, Charalambos C.Baniotopoulos (2011), "Tightening and Loosening Torque of M253 Bolts : Experimental and Analytical Investigation", International Journal of Engineering and Information Sciences, 6(2), pp. 69-83.
- Kulak, Geoffrey L.,Fisher, John W., Struik, John H.A.(2001), Guide to Design Criteria for Bolted and Riveted Joints, 2nd Ed., AISC Inc.
- Nah, H. S., Lee, H. J., and Choi, S. M. (2014), "Evaluating long-term relaxation of high strength bolts considering coating on slip faying surface"', Steel and Composite Structures, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 703-718. https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2014.16.6.703
- Nah, H. S., Lee, H. J., Kim, K. S., Kim, J. H. and Kim, W. B. (2009a), "Method for Estimating the Clamping Force of High Strength Bolts Subjected to Temperature Variation", International Journal of Steel Structures, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 123-130. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03249487
- Nah, H. S., Lee, H. J., Kim, K. S., Kim, J. H. and Kim, W. B. (2009b), "Evaluation of Slip Coefficient of Slip Critical Joints with High Strength Bolts", Structural Engineers & Mechanics, Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 477-488. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2009.32.4.477
- Nah, H. S., Lee, H. J., Choi, S. M. and Kim, W. B.(2015), "Analysis on Variation of Torque Co-efficient by Ambient Temperature of High Strength Bolt", Proc. 5th KOSACS Conference, Jeju, Korea, pp.95-96 (in Korean).
- RCSC Committee(2004), Specification for Structural Joints Using ASTM A325 or A490 Bolts, AISC Inc., Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- Tambori, Akbar R.(1999), Handbook of structural steel connection design and detail Design, MaGraw-Hill, USA.
- Vand, E. Hemmati, Oskouei R.H., Chakherlou T.N., (2008) "Experimental Method for Measuring Clamping Force in Bolted Connections and Effect of Bolt Threads Lubrication on its Value", World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 22, pp. 457-460.
- Evaluate the Clamping Force of Torque-Shear High Strength Bolts vol.18, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13296-018-0066-2