- Volume 17 Issue 5
PURPOSES : The noise, which is typically generated by fast moving vehicles, can be intercepted by installing a noise barrier with a soundproof panel. However, reflections from the panels cause secondary noise, and hence lower the effectiveness of the panels. In this study, the reduction of reflection noise by considering the shape, especially zigzag one, of the soundproof panel have been evaluated. METHODS : The simulation model used in this study was Nord2000, which simulates real-road situations effectively. Based on the simulation results, the joining angle of
Noise barrier;Soundproof panel;zigzag shape;Nord 2000;shaped panel
- Ahn, H., Kim, I., Park, J., Lee,. J., Kim, K. (2012) Analysis of Research Trend and Development Direction on Domestic and International Noise Barriers, J. Kor. Soc. Environ. Eng., 34(12), pp. 847-854. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2012.34.12.847
- e-domestic index (2013) http://www.index.go.kr, "city present state, vehicle registration state", Statistics Korea.
- Kim, I., Park, T., Chang, S., Lee, H. (2015) A Reduction Effect in Noise Reflection by Different Shapes of Soundproofing-panel, J. Kor. Soc. Environ. Eng., 37(2), pp. 120-125. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2015.37.2.120
- Kim, Y., Joo, W., Bae, J. (2009) A Study on the Performance Improvement of Medium Speed Diesel Engine Exhaust Silencer in the Low-frequency Range Using Array Resonators, Transactions of the Korean society for noise and vibration engineering, Vol. 19, No. 7, pp. 693-698. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2009.19.7.693
- Korea Environment Institute (2012), Guideline of 3-D Noise Prediction Model in EIA.
- Korea Expressway Corporation (2010), A study of diversification plan for noise barrier facility.
- Kragh J. (2011) Traffic Noise Prediction with Nord2000 - An Update, Proceedings of ACOUSTICS 2011, Paper Number 10.
- Lee, T., Joo, W., Bae, J. (2008) Exhaust Noise Control of Marine Diesel Engine by using Resonator Type Silencer, Proceedings of the KSNVE Annual Spring Conference, Vol. 2008, No. 4, pp. 340-344.
- Ministry of Environment(Korea) (2000), Notice 2010-72 Drawing up method of noise map.
- Noise and Vibration Division, Air Quality Research Department (2002) A study on the calculation of population exposed to transportation noise(II), National Institute of Environmental Research.
- The central environmental dispute mediation committee (2013), Casebook for environmental dispute mediation, Vol. 22, Ministry of Environment.
- Traffic Monitoring System (2013), http://www.road.re.kr, "statistic reference", Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport.
- WHO, 1999, "Guidelines for Community Noise", WHO-Expert Task Force Meeting, London, UK.
Supported by : 한국건설기술연구원