- Volume 17 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Speeding Behavior Propensity Analysis by Theory of Planned Behavior
계획행동이론을 통한 과속운전 성향분석에 관한 연구
Lee, Chang Hee;Kum, Ki Jung;Kim, Myung Soo
- Received : 2015.07.10
- Accepted : 2015.10.01
- Published : 2015.10.15
PURPOSES : Traffic accidents and damage due to speeding should be recognized as a problem which harms society and the economy as well as the parties to the accidents. It is time to seek more detailed and concrete customized alternatives than the existing policies for the prevention of traffic accidents. METHODS: In this study, we identified the characteristics driver behavior and psychological factors that lead to speeding, and a study was carried out to verify the causality models developed from the factors we identified. RESULTS : Driving behavior variables have a significant effect on speeding behaviors in order of Lapse, Violation, and Mistake. And the violation which is defined as intentional violation showed the result which supports the research hypothesis as it has the significant effect on speeding intention and behaviors. CONCLUSIONS: The result of this study can be utilized to develop educational problems concerning speeding and previous response with the main objective of eliminating speeding driver behavior.
Driving Behavior;Speeding;Driver Behavior Questionnaire;Theory of Planned Behavior;Structural Equation Model
- Ajzen, I, 1991, The theory of planned behavior, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 50, p179-211. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-T
- Bae, Byungryul, 2011, Structural Equation Modeling with Amos 19, CRBOOKS.
- Bae, Jin HEE, 2007. A Study of Adults Violation of Traffic Laws in relationship to Driving-related Risk behaviors and Residual Adult ADHD, Sungshin Women's University Master's degree Dissertation.
- Hahn Doug Woomg, Han in Soon, 2001, An Application of TheoryofPlannedBehavior to Passenger Car Drivers' Speedlimit Violation, Korean Psychological Association vol 6 No2 p39-p62.
- Hwang, Sang Hyuck, 2006. Correlation between Driver's Unsafe acts and Personality types, KAIST Master's degree Dissertation
- Jo, Sung Ho, 2013. An Analysis of Determinants of Driver's Speeding Behavior, The Korean Association of Police Science Review Vol.15 No5 227-252.
- Kim, Sung Do, 2004. Factor Analysis of Military Driver Behavior and Preventing Accident, KAIST Master's degree Dissertation.
- Laila M. Martinussen, Liisa Hakamies-Blomqvist,Mette Moller,Turker Ozkan,Timo Lajunen, 2012, Age, gender, mileage and the DBQ: The validity of the Driver Behavior Questionnaire in different driver groups.
- Lee, Chan Saem, 2007. The Aberrant Driving Behavior in Korea, KAIST Master's degree Dissertation.
- Loan, B., Penicuik, & Midlothian, 2002, Management of work related road safety. HSE research report 018: HSE books.
- Reason, J., Antony Manstead, Stephen Stradling, James Baxter, Karen Campbell, 1990. Errors and Violation on the Roads;a real distinction?, ERGONOMICS, Vol. 33, No.10/11, 1315-1332. https://doi.org/10.1080/00140139008925335
- Reason J, 1990. Human Error, Cambridge University Press.
- Sonja E. Forward(2008), The theory of planned behaviour: The role of descriptive norms and past behaviour in the prediction of drivers' intentions to violate.
- Steven Spears, Douglas Houston, Marlon G. Boarnet(2013), Illuminating the unseen in transit use: A framework for examining the effect of attitudes and perceptions on travel behavior.
- Traffic Accident Analysis Database(Vol 14), 2011. KORAD.