- Volume 20 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Improved Haze Removal Algorithm by using Color Normalization and Haze Rate Compensation
색 정규화 및 안개량 보정을 이용한 개선된 안개 제거 알고리즘
- Received : 2015.06.26
- Accepted : 2015.08.25
- Published : 2015.09.30
It is difficult to use a recognition algorithm of an image in a foggy environment because the color and edge information is removed. One of the famous defogging algorithm is haze removal by using 'Dark Channel Prior(DCP)' which is used to predict for transmission rate using color information of an image and eliminates fog from the image. However, in case that the image has factors such as sunset or yellow dust, there is overemphasized problem on the color of certain channel after haze removal. Furthermore, in case that the image includes an object containing high RGB channel, the transmission related to this area causes a misestimated issue. In this paper, we purpose an enhanced fog elimination algorithm by using improved color normalization and haze rate revision which correct mis-estimation haze area on the basis of color information and edge information of an image. By eliminating the color distortion, we can obtain more natural clean image from the haze image.
Dark channel;Haze removal;Color normalization;Interpolation
- JinHwan Kim, ChangSu Kim, “Hierarchical Haze Removal Using Dark Channel Prior”, vol 59, no 3, KIEE 2010
- Jinu Ahn, HyungTai Cha, “ Enhancement of Haze Removal using Transmission Rate Compensation”, JBE Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 159-166, March 2013.
- S.Shwartz, E.Namer, and Y.Y. Schechner, "Blind haze separation," CVP, USA, Oct. 2006.
- S.G. Narasimhan and S. K. Nayar, "Chromatic framework for vision in bad weather," in Proc. CVPR,, SC, USA, June 2000.
- S. Narasimhan and S. Nayar, “Contrast restoration of weather degraded images,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol.25, no.6, June 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2003.1201821
- R. Fattal, “Single image dehazing,” ACM Transactions on Graphics, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 1-9, August 2008. https://doi.org/10.1145/1360612.1360671
- R. Tan, “Visibility in bad weather from a single image,” IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 1-8, June 2008.
- Kaiming He, Jian Sun, and Xiaoou Tang "Single Image Haze Removal Using Dark Channel Prior ", Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, IEEE Transactions on. vol 33 no.3, Dec 2011 IEEE