- Volume 30 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Effect of 'DaoCao' on the inflammatory cytokines in Human Jurkat cell and THP-1 cell
나초(糯草) 에탄올추출물이 Human 유래 Jurkat 세포와 THP-1 세포의 알러지 및 염증 사이토카인에 미치는 영향
LEE, Young Keun;KIM, Cheong Taek;ROH, Seong Su;CHOI, Hak Joo
- Received : 2015.08.31
- Accepted : 2015.09.14
- Published : 2015.09.30
Objectives : The aim of this study is to investigate anti-inflammatory activity using various extracts of rice straw (DaoCao) extract (RS).Methods : To investigate the anti-inflammatory effect of RS, we examined the effect of RS on cytokines production on THP-1 cell. Cells were cultured in incubator (37℃, CO25%, 0.5% FBS-RPMI, 1X106cells/ml). One hour after,Dermatophagoides pteronissinus(Dp., 10 ug/ml) was treated into cell and at 6 hour after, each different concentrations(0.1, 1 and 10 ug/ml) of RS were treated. The cells were incubated for 16 hours and harvest the supernatant. The levels of IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-8, MCP-1 and TNF-αwere determined using a commercially available ELISA kit.Results : We investigated whether RS has the inhibition of inflammatory response in Jurkat cells and THP-1 cells. RS suppressed secretion of IL-4, IL-5, and TNF-αinduced by house dust mites in Jurkat cells. It showed significant effects for all concentrations. RS suppressed the increased expression of IL-6, IL-8 and MCP-1 after treatment with mite in THP-1 cells. These results suggest that RS may be used as a valuable agent for treating allergic diseases such as atopy due to its anti-inflammatory property.Conclusions : RS showed significant biological activities with anti-inflammatory in the human T cells. These results suggest that RS may be used as a valuable agent for treating allergic diseases such as atopy due to its anti-inflammatory property. In terms of Korean traditional medicine, we expect the results to contribute to building of EBM (Evidence-Based Medicine).
Rise straw extract;DaoCao;anti-inflammatory;allergy;Dermatophagoides pteronissinus
- Tepper RI, Levinson DA, Stanger BZ, Campos-Torres J, Abbas AK, Leder P. IL-4 induces allergic-like inflammatory disease and alters T cell development in transgenic mice. Cell. 1990 ; 62(3) : 457–67. https://doi.org/10.1016/0092-8674(90)90011-3
- Gonzalez-Rey E, Chorny A, Delgado M. Regulation of immune tolerance by anti-inflammatory neuropeptides. Nat Rev Immunol. 2007 ; 7(1) : 52-63. https://doi.org/10.1038/nri1984
- Del Prete G. The Concept of Type-1 and Type-2 Helper T Cells and Their Cytokines in Humans. Int Rev Immunol. 1998 ; 16(3-4) : 427-55. https://doi.org/10.3109/08830189809043004
- Pomés A. Relevant B cell epitopes in allergic disease. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2010 ; 152(1) : 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1159/000260078
- Ahn JY, Lim IR, Kim JH, Shin MG, Kwon SW, Kim DG, Song BS, Song BJ, Jeong HJ, Hong SH, Kwon DR, Kim YK, Kim DK, Lee YM. Inhibitory Effect of Gamigunggui-tang on Allergic Contact Dermatitis. Korean J Orient Physiol Pathol. 2010 ; 24(2) : 290-5.
- Lee JS, Kim IS, Ryu JS, Yun CY. House dust mite, Dermatophagoides pteronissinus increases expression of MCP-1, IL-6, and IL-8 in human monocytic THP-1 cells. Cytokine. 2008 ; 42(3) : 365-71. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cyto.2008.03.010
- Kim IS, Kim EH, Kim DH, Kim JS, Lee JS. Effect of House Dust Mite and CCL2 on S100A8 and S100A9 Expression in Human Monocytes. Biomed Sci Lett. 2013 ; 19(4) : 344-7.
- Jung JY, Jung HA. Effect of Phellinus igniarius Quel Extract on the Anti-inflammatory, Anti allergy, Anti-oxidant, Anti-wrinkle reaction. J Korean Orient Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2010 ; 23(3) : 42-65.
- Yazdanbakhsh M, van den Biggelaar A, Maizels RM. Th2 responses without atopy: immuno- regulation in chronic helminth infections and reduced allergic disease. Trends Immunol. 2001 ; 22(7) : 372–7. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1471-4906(01)01958-5
- Nuttall TJ, Hill PB, Bensignor E, Willemse T House dust and forage mite allergens and their role in human and canine atopic dermatitis. Vet Dermatol. 2006 ; 17(4) : 223-35. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3164.2006.00532.x
- Park JM, Chae JW. Effects of Rice Straw (RS) on Allergic Contact Dermatitis (ACD) Induced by DNCB in Mice. J Pediatr Korean Med. 2013 ; 27(4) 39-49. https://doi.org/10.7778/jpkm.2013.27.4.039
- Sato IN. Stuffy nose of hay fever was completely healed in fermented rice straw. Modern agriculture. 2009 : 284-5.
- HC. Park, Kim YH, Kim JE, Ko JY, Namgoung SJ, Lee CM, Kim YS, Ro YS. Effect of air purifier on indoor air quality and atopic dermatitis. Allergy Asthma Respir Dis. 2013 ; 1(3) : 248-56. https://doi.org/10.4168/aard.2013.1.3.248
- Kim JH. Allergy Asthma & Respiratory Disease Allergy Asthma & Respiratory Disease. 2004 ; 14(1) : 12-23.
- Colloff MJ, Spieksma FT. Pictorial keys for the identification of domestic mites. Clin Exp Allergy. 1992 ; 22(9) : 823-30. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2222.1992.tb02826.x
- Lombardero M, Heymann PW, Platts-Mills TA, Fox JW, Chapman MD. Conformational stability of B cell epitopes on group I and group II Dermatophagoides spp. allergens. Effect of thermal and chemical denaturation on the binding of murine IgG and human IgE antibodies. J Immunol. 1990 ; 144(4) : 1353-60.
- Leung DY, Schneeberger EE, Siraganian RP, Geha RS, Bhan AK. The presence of IgE on macrophages and dendritic cells infiltrating into the skin lesion of atopic dermatitis. Clin Immunol Immunopathol. 1987 ; 42(3) : 328-37. https://doi.org/10.1016/0090-1229(87)90021-3
- Furue M, Saeki H, Furukawa F, Hide M, Ohtsuki M, Katayama I, Sasaki R, Suto H, Takehara K. Guidelines for management of atopic dermatitis. J Dermatol. 2009 ; 36(10) : 563-77. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1346-8138.2009.00706.x
- Tupker RA, De Monchy JG, Coenraads PJ, Homan A, van der Meer JB. Induction of atopic dermatitis by inhalation of house dust mite. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1996 ; 97(5) : 1064-70. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0091-6749(96)70259-2
- de Groot AC, Young E. The role of contact allergy to aeroallergens in atopic dermatitis. Contact Dermatitis. 1989 ; 21(4) : 209-14. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0536.1989.tb03197.x
- Zhonghuabencaobianjiwei. Zhonghuabencao. Shanghai : Shanghaikexuejishuchubanshe. 2002 : 381.
Grant : 한의치료기술 과학화 사업팀