- Volume 30 Issue 5
Objectives : The aim of this study was to find how Northeast Asia(Korea, China, Taiwan, Japan) supervise herbal formulas in their pharmacopoeia.Methods : We compared items, formula's effects, formulations, etc and analyzed common formulas among Northeast Asia`s herbal pharmacopoeia (Korea(2010), China(2010), Taiwan(2013), Japan(16th Edition), drugs in Japan OTC Drugs (2007-2008))Results : The Korean Pharmacopoeia, the Korean Herbal Pharmacopoeia, Taiwan herbal pharmacopoeia, the japanese pharmacopoeia, drugs in Japan OTC drugs and pharmacopoeia of the People's Republic of China have 5, 251, 200, 20, 294, 1059 formulas, respectively. In comparison of pharmacopoeia`s test item, Korea and Japan has many similarity, for example, not refer to the effect of formulas. Korea and China have many inspection test of formulations in pharmacopoeia. Each country has differences in ratio of efficacy categories. For example, China especially has a higher ratio of formulas that regulate the blood and Korea has higher ratio of formulas that calm the spirit and open the sensory orifices than those of other 3 countries. There are 17 common formulas among the 4 countries and 43 common formulas among Korea, Taiwan and Japan. Comparing dosage forms, Korea, Japan, Drugs In Japan OTC drugs, Taiwan, China uses 4, 2, 14, 3, 21 formulations, respectively.Conclusions : China has many formulations and new formulas. Taiwan and Japan supervised formulas only selected by the authorities. However, Korean pharmacopoeia has similar form with Japan and need to add more formulas on demand and new formulations.
- The Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers' Associations of Japan. Regarding Revision of the General Kampo Drugs Approval Criteria. 2012. from www.sigayaku.jp/pdf2/20120903/nitiyaku496.pdf.
- Korea Institute for Defense Analyses. World War Watch. Retrieved Aug. 1, 2015, from http://www.kida.re.kr/woww/dispute_detail.asp?idx=106.
- Sun Ten Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Pharmaceutical Company Official Website. Retrieved July 30, 2015, from http://www.suntenglobal.com/about/index.php
- Kim TW, Han CH. Medicine within Society, Society within Medicine: An Anthropological Exploration of Korean Medicine in South Korea and Traditional Chinese Medicine in China. J Korean Orient Intern Med. 2012 ; 33(2) : 111-25. https://doi.org/10.3904/kjim.2012.27.1.111
- Kim JS, Lee SW, Kim YK. A Study about Policy Regime for the Protection of the Rights of Korean Traditional Medicine in the World Market. J Law Pol Res. 2014 ; 14(1) : 16-21.
- Kook YB, Kim SC, Park SD, Park SK, Seo BI, Seo YB, et al. Korean Science of Prescription. Seoul : Yeongnim Publishing Company. 2009 : 65-612.
- Doosan Corporation Doopedia. The Explanation of Shanghan Lun. Retrieved July 31, 2015, from http://www.doopedia.co.kr/doopedia/master/master.do?_method=view&MAS_IDX=101013000740847
- Chinese Pharmacopoeia Commission. Pharmacopoeia of the People's Republic of China 2010 edition. 2010 : 1249-65.
- National Standard for People's Republic of China. Chinese Classification of Name and Code for Disease and Syndrome. Retrieved Aug. 3, 2015, from http://wenku.baidu.com/link?url=-UaWvz8J8ont5O3n68SopRkH8aw5UyqGr_sZcno41AEy1bTh_LyL9tZOu1I8AmGRdJBUQcpiGiz2sNkifikWksw8XI1gUuGjmTS3M_yg_pS
- Choi SM, Shin HK, Shin MK. The research on the disease classifications of the traditional medicine in China, Japan, Taiwan, and North Korea. Korean J Orient Med. 1999 ; 5(1) : 81-100.
- Tetsuo A. History of Kampo Extracts for Medical Use. Kampo Med. 2010 ; 61(7) : 881-8. https://doi.org/10.3937/kampomed.61.881
- Hanpoong Pharm & Foods Co., Ltd. History of Hanpoong Pharm & Foods Co. Hanpoong Pharm & Foods Co. Official Website. Retrieved Aug. 2, 2015, from http://www.hanpoong.co.kr/ab-1355
- Kim CH. Interview for Company of Reimbursement Herbal Medicine, (1) Hanpoog Pharmaceutical. The Minjok Medicine News, 2013.7.11. Retrieved Aug. 2, 2015, from http://www.mjmedi.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=25461
- Ministry Food and Drug Safety. The Korean Herbal Pharmacopoeia 4th Edition. Notification 2012. 2012 : 1.
- Park SJ, Kim IR. The Comparative Study on Zanthoxylum Peel's Impurity Tolerance Based on Pharmacopoeia by Countries. Kor J Herbol. 2010 ; 25(1) : 45-54.
- Kim YW. A Comparative Study on Herb Medicines Listed in the Pharmacopeia of Korea, China and Japan. Doctoral Dissertation. Graduate School of Wonkwang University. 2008.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. Taiwan Herbal Pharmacopoeia Second Edition. 2013 : 85-106.
- Han BH. The International Harmonization Policy Trend of Herbal Medicines standards – Focusing on FHH(Forum on Harmonization of Herbal Medicines) - : KHIDI(Korea Health Industry Development Institute). 2002 : 122-126. from http://www.khidi.or.kr/board/view?linkId=101176&menuId=MENU00090.
- Ministry Food and Drug Safety. The Korean Pharmacopoeia 11th edition. Notification No. 2014.
- Chinese Pharmacopoeia Commission. Pharmacopoeia of the People's Republic of China 2010 edition. 2010 : 399-1248.
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. The Japanese Pharmacopoeia 16th edition. The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Ministerial Notification 2011. 2011 : 289-1604.
- Drugs in Japan Forum. Drugs In Japan Ethical Drugs. Tokyo : Time Signal Publishing Company. 2007 : 853-1128.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety. The Korean Herbal Pharmacopoeia 4th edition. The MFDS Notification 2012. 2012 : 11-592.
- Shin SS, Kim DC, Kim SJ, Jung DC, Ryu CR, Sung HJ. The Comparison Research on Oriental Medicinal Materials of Asian Nation Pharmacopoeias. J Assoc Neo Med. 2000 ; 5(2) : 267-76.