- Volume 11 Issue 3
When host images are watermarked with CRT (Chinese Remainder Theorem), the watermark images are still robust in spite of the damage of the host images by maintaining the remainders in an unchanged state within some range of the changes that are incurred by the attacks. This advantage can also be attained by "zero-watermarking," which does not change the host images in any way. This paper proposes an improved zero-watermarking scheme for color images on the DCT (Discrete Cosine Transform) domain that is based on the CRT. In the scheme, RGB images are converted into YCbCr images, and one channel is used for the DCT transformation. A key is then computed from the DC and three low-frequency AC values of each DCT block using the CRT. The key finally becomes the watermark key after it is combined four times with a scrambled watermark image. When watermark images are extracted, each bit is determined by majority voting. This scheme shows that watermark images are robust against a number of common attacks such as sharpening, blurring, JPEG lossy compression, and cropping.
- G. Feng and X. Huang, “An Improved DCT Based Zero-Watermarking Algorithm for Text Image,” Proc. of 2012 Int. Conf. on Anti-Counterfeiting, Security and Identification (ASID), Aug. 24-26, 2012, pp. 1-4.
- T. Zhang and Y. Du, “A Digital Watermarking Algorithm for Color Images Based on DCT,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Information Engineering and Computer Science (ICIECS), Dec. 19-20, 2009, pp. 1-4.
- G. B. Sulong, H. Hasan, A. Selamat, M. Ibrahim, and Saparudin, “A New Color Image Watermarking Technique Using Hybrid Domain,” Int. Journal of Computer Science Issues, vol. 9, no. 6, Nov. 2012, pp. 109-114.
- Y. Zhou and J. Liu, “Blind Watermarking Algorithm Based on DCT for Color Images,” Proc. of 2nd Int. Congress on Image and Signal Processing, Oct. 17-19, 2009, pp. 1-3.
- J. Li and S. Miao, “The Medical Image Watermarking Using Arnold Scrambling and DFT,” Proc. of 2nd Int. Conf. on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering (ICCSEE), Mar. 22-23, 2013, pp. 192-195.
- D. Kundur and D. Hatzinakos, “Digital Watermarking for Telltale Tamper Proofing and Authentication,” Proc. of the IEEE, vol. 87, no. 7, Jul. 1999, pp. 1167-1180. https://doi.org/10.1109/5.771070
- L. Zhang, P. Cai, X. Tian, and S. Xia, “A Novel Zero-Watermarking Algorithm Based on DWT and Edge Detection,” Proc. of 4th Int. Congress on Image and Signal Processing, Oct. 15-17, 2011, pp.1016-1020.
- X. Leng, J. Xiao, and Y. Wang, “A Robust Image Zero-Watermarking Algorithm Based on DWT and PCA,” Proc. of 1st Int. Conf. on Communications and Information Processing, Mar. 7-11, 2012, pp.484-492.
- Y.H. Ku and X. Sun, “The Chinese Remainder Theorem,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 329, no. 1, Jan. 1992, pp.93-97. https://doi.org/10.1016/0016-0032(92)90099-3
- J. C. Patra, J. E. Phua, and C. Bornand, “A Novel DCT Domain CRT-Based Watermarking Scheme for Image Authentication Surviving JPEG Compression,” Digital Signal Processing, vol. 20, Dec. 2010, pp. 1597-1611. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsp.2010.03.010
- H. D. Kim and K. S. Sohn, “DCT Domain Zero- Watermarking Based on CRT,” Journal of the Korea Contents Associations, vol. 11, no. 1, Jan. 2011, pp. 9-15. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.1.009
- I. Nasir, Y. Weng, and J. Jiang, “A New Robust Watermarking Scheme for Color Image in Spatial Domain,” Proc. of 3rd Int. IEEE Conf. on Signal-Image Technologies and Internet-based System, Dec. 16-18, 2007, pp. 942-947.
- J. C. Patra, A. Karthik, and C. Bornand, “A Novel CRTBased Watermarking Technique for Authentication of Multimedia Contents,” Digital Signal Processing, vol. 20, no. 2, Mar. 2010, pp. 442-453. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsp.2009.07.004
- X. Leng, J. Xiao, D. Li, and Z. Shen, “Study on the Digital Image Zero-Watermarking Technology,” Advanced Materials Research, vol. 765-767, 2013, pp. 1113-1117. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.765-767.1113
- C. Dong, J. Li, H. Zhang, and Y. Chen, "Robust Zero-Watermarking for Medical Image Based on DCT," Proc. of 6th Int. Conf. on Computer Sciences and Convergence Information Technology, Nov. 29 - Dec. 1, 2011, pp. 900-904.
- C. Hanqiang, X. Hua, L. Xutao, L. Miao, Y. Sheng, and W. Fang, “A Zero-Watermarking Algorithm Based on DWT and Chaotic Modulation,” Proc. of SPIE, vol. 6247, , Apr. 2006, pp. 624716-1-624716-9.