- Volume 1 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Study on the Distribution of Electromagnetic Force for 154 kV Power Transmission Cable on Dual Underground Lines by Normal and Earth Fault Current
지중 2회선 154 kV 송전케이블의 정상 및 지락고장에 따른 전자기력 분포에 관한 연구
- Kim, Hui Min (Dept. of Electrical and Computer Eng., Pusan National Univ.) ;
- Kim, So Young (Korea Electric Power Corporation) ;
- Im, Sang Hyeon (Dept. of Electrical and Computer Eng., Pusan National Univ.) ;
- Park, Gwan Soo (Dept. of Electrical and Computer Eng., Pusan National Univ.)
- Published : 2015.09.30
The goal of this study is the size and distribution of the electromagnetic force generated by the current flowing through the second underground line of 154kV power transmission cables by using electromagnetic finite element analysis. So we interpret how mutually electromagnetic force has an effect on the comparable judgement of Trefoil, Duct and Flat, which shows in a numerical arrangement. 154kV OF 1200SQ Cable 1.281km not only is applicable to modeling for underground transmission cable but also examine the effect of line to line, phase to phase and size and direction of the electromagnetic force preparing for the occurrence of normal state and single-phase earth fault, which are arranged in trefoil, duct and flat formation between sections. As showing how the trajectory, and size distribution of the electromagnetic force translate as the arrangement of the cables when a steady-state current and a fault current flows on the underground cables, I hope that when Underground transmission is designed, this data will be useful information.
Supported by : Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO)
- D.S. Hong, H.J. Kim, S.M Park, W.S. Chang, H.S. Park, T.I. Jang and J.W. Kang, "The Analysis of the Electrical and Mechanical Effects for Underground Cable and Fittings by Electromagnetic Force", IEEE T&D Asia 2009, pp. 1-5, Oct. 2009.
- W.Riger, "Mechanical short-circuit effects of single-core cables" IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, pp. 68-74, 1989.
- Charles A Damell, "Cable Cleat-A Global Technique to Protect Three-Phase Single Conductor Cables during Short-Circuits" IEEE Transmission on Power Delivery, pp.143-150, 2004.
- Jinbo Kuang and Steven A. Boggs, "Pipe-Type Cable Losses for Balanced and Unbalanced Currents", IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 313-317, April 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/61.997889