- Volume 1 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Computational Simulation on Power Prediction of Lithium Secondary Batteries by using Pulse-based Measurement Methods
펄스 측정법에 기반한 리튬이차전지 출력 측정에 관한 전산 모사
- Park, Joonam (Department of Chemical and Biological Eng., Hanbat National Univ.) ;
- Byun, Seoungwoo (Department of Chemical and Biological Eng., Hanbat National Univ.) ;
- Appiah, Williams Agyei (Department of Chemical and Biological Eng., Hanbat National Univ.) ;
- Han, Sekyung (Department of Electrical Engineering, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Choi, Jin Hyeok (KEPCO Research Institute, Korea Electric Power Corporation) ;
- Ryou, Myung-Hyun (Department of Chemical and Biological Eng., Hanbat National Univ.) ;
- Lee, Yong Min (Department of Chemical and Biological Eng., Hanbat National Univ.)
- Published : 2015.09.30
Energy storage systems (ESSs) have been utilized widely in the world to optimize the power operation system and to improve the power quality. As lithium secondary batteries are the main power supplier for ESSs, it is very important to predict its cycle and power degradation behavior. In particular, the power, one of the hardest electrochemical properties to measure, needs lots of resources such as time and facilities. Due to these difficulties, computer modelling of lithium secondary batteries is applied to predict the DC-IR and power value during charging and discharging as a function of state of charge (SOC) by using pulse-based measurement methods. Moreover, based on the hybrid pulse power characteristics (HPPC) and J-Pulse (JEVS D 713, Japan Electric Vehicle Association Standards) methods, their electrochemical properties are also compared and discussed.
Supported by : 기초전력연구원
- Mao, J., Tiedemann, W. & Newman, J., "Simulation of temperature rise in Li-ion cells at very high currents," Journal of Power Sources, 271, pp.444-454, August, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2014.08.033
- Hyewon Lee & Yong Min Lee., "Principles and Comparative Studies of Various Power Measurement Methods for Lithium Secondary Batteries ," Journal of the Korean Electrochemical Society, 10(3), pp.115-123, August, 2012.
- Younghoon Kim, Songhun Yoon, "Electrochemical Characterization Methods for Lithium Secondary Batteries,"Polymer Science and Technology, 23(3), pp.307-312, June, 2012.
- Sukbeom You, Joosik Jung, Kyeong-Beom Cheong and Jooyoung Go., "Numerical Simulation of Lithium-Ion Batteries for Electic Vehicles," 'Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology B, 35(6), pp.649-656, March, 2011.
- Dae-Hyun Lee & Do-young Yoon., "Computational Modeling of Charge-Discharge Characteristics of Lithium-Ion Batteries," Journal of Energy Engineering, 20(4), pp.278-285, November, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5855/ENERGY.2011.20.4.278
- Wang, C.-W. & Sastry, A. M., "Mesoscale modeling of a Li-ion polymer cell," Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 154(11), A1035-A1047, August, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1149/1.2778285
- Vyroubal, P., Maxa, J., Kazda, T. & Vondrak, J., "The Finite Element Method in Electrochemistry Modelling of the Lithium-Ion Battery," ECS Transactions, Journal of Power Sorces, U.S. San Francisco, 2014, 48, pp.289-296 https://doi.org/10.1149/04801.0289ecst
- Xu, M., Zhang, Z., Wang, X., Jia, L. & Yang, L., "A pseudo three-dimensional electrochemical-thermal model of a prismatic LiFePO 4 battery during discharge process," Energy, 80, pp.303-317, February, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2014.11.073
- Cho, J., Jeong, S. & Kim, Y., "Commercial and research battery technologies for electrical energy storage applications," Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, 48, pp.84-101, June, 2015.
- Hongjae Myung., "Consideration for Technical Trend of Large Scale BESS PCS," Power Electronics Annual Conference, The Korean Institute of Power Electronics, Koera, yesan, 2011, pp.273-272
- Geon-Pyo Lim, Hyun-Gyu Han, Byung-Hoon Chang, Seung-Kwon Yang, Yong-Beum Yoon, "Demonstration to Operate and Control Frequency Regulation of Power System by 4MW Energy Storeage System," The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers P, 2014, pp.169-177
- Divya, K. & O stergaard, J., "Battery energy storage technology for power systems An overview," Electric Power Systems Research, 79, pp.511-520, September, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2008.09.017
- Poullikkas, A. "A comparative overview of large-scale battery systems for electricity storage," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 27, pp.778-788, July, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2013.07.017
- Doyle, M., Fuller, T. F. & Newman, J., "Modeling of galvanostatic charge and discharge of the lithium/polymer/insertion cell," Journal of the Electro chemical Society, 140, pp.1526-1533, January, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1149/1.2221597
- Doyle, M., Newman, J., Gozdz, A. S., Schmutz, C. N. & Tarascon, J. M., "Comparison of modeling predictions with experimental data from plastic lithium ion cells," Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 143, pp.1890-1903, June, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1149/1.1836921
- Elucidating the Polymeric Binder Distribution within Lithium-Ion Battery Electrodes Using SAICAS vol.19, pp.13, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1002/cphc.201800072