- Volume 25 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Literature Review of Catgut-embedding Therapy for Lumbar Disk Herniation
요추 추간판 탈출증의 매선치료에 대한 문헌적 고찰
- Park, Sang-Hun (Deparment of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Woo-Suk University) ;
- Jeon, Yong-Tae (Deparment of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Woo-Suk University) ;
- Han, Kuk-In (Deparment of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Woo-Suk University) ;
- Kim, Min-Ji (Deparment of Internal Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Woo-Suk University) ;
- Lee, Ha-Il (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Won-Kwang University) ;
- Lee, Jung-Han (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Won-Kwang University) ;
- Ko, Youn-Seok (Deparment of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Woo-Suk University)
- 박상훈 (우석대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 전용태 (우석대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 한국인 (우석대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 김민지 (우석대학교 한의과대학 한방내과학교실) ;
- 이하일 (원광대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 이정한 (원광대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 고연석 (우석대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실)
- Received : 2015.09.18
- Accepted : 2015.10.12
- Published : 2015.10.31
Objectives We have attempted to provide the basis of treatment effects by considering foreign & domestic randomized controlled trials (RCTs), being implemented with catgut-embedding therapy for lumbar disc herniation. Methods We found the literatures prepared in Korean, English, and Chinese by December 2014 in electronic databases (Pubmed, Science Direct, Proquest, OASIS, KMbase, NDSL, RISS, National Assembly Library). We choosed RCTs by selection criteria through abstracts & articles, extracted and analyzed data. Cochrane's Risk of Bias Tool was used & implemented for the risk of bias. Results The total of 17 studies were included in the review. 88.2% of studies were accomplished within the last decade. The experimental group has shown more significant effects in 70.6% of studies, and the long-term & partial significant results were obtained in 29.4% of studies. Affected lumbar area and pelvic limb area with radiating pain were mostly selected for acupoint. Conclusions Overall and partial significant results were obtained from 17 foreign & domestic comparative RCTs which substantiates the treatment effects of catgut-embedding therapy for lumbar disc herniation. Since all studies, however, were exposed to the risk of bias, so future research of higher quality shall be necessary.
- The Society of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. Korean Medicine Rehabilitation the 4th edition. Seoul:Koonja publisher. 2011;56-8.
- Shin WS, Park WH, Cha YY. The Research Trends on the Acupuncture Treatment of Lumbar Herniated Intervertebral Disc Using PubMed Database. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2014;24(4):49-60.
- Cho HJ, Sul JU, Shin MS. Research Trends on the Treatment of Lumbar Herniated Intervertebral Disc in Korean Medicine. Korean Journal of Acupuncture. 2012;29(4):501-18.
- Park YE. Medicine Wire Injection Therapy, Seoul: Haenglimseowon, 2003;19, 21, 29, 66.
- Kwon K. The Analysis on the Present Condition of Thread-embedding Therapy Papers Published in Journal of Korean Medicine. J Korean Med Ophthalmol Otolaryngol Dermatol. 2014;27(4):16-44. https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2014.27.4.016
- Roxana Esmeralda Gutierrez Garcia. Catgut-embedding Therapy of Lumbar Disc Herniation Literaturesystematic Reviews. Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine. 2014.
- Kim SY, Park JE, Seo HJ, Lee YJ, Son HJ, Hang BH, Seo HS, Shin CM. NECA guidance for undertaking systematic reviews and meta analysis for intervention. National Evidence-based Healthcare Collaborating Agency. 2011.
- Gu HN. Clinical Observation of Acupoint Catgut Embedding Therapy for Lumbar Disc Herniation. Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine. 2012.
- Xie HY, Zhang JW. Clinical Observation of Lumbar Disc Herniation Catgut Embedding Therapy. Journal of New Chinese Medicine. 2012;8:122-3.
- Zhang ZQ, He XJ, Bai WJ, He YF. Clinical Study of Catgut Embedding Therapy for Lumbar Disc Herniation . China Medical Engineering. 2013;8:95-6.
- Zhu SX, Tang BF, Zhang YD. Clinical Observation of 200 cases of Lumbar Disc Herniation with Jiaji Catgutembedding Therapy. Hunan Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2014;3:74-5.
- Xia FX, Li LX, Sun XY. Controlled Observation on Catgut Implantation at Acupoint for Treatment of Prolapse of Lumbar Intervertebral Disc. Chinese Acupuncture & Moxibustion. 2006;26(3):195-7.
- Liu J. Clinical Observation on Lumber Disc Herniation Treated by Catgut Embedding Therapy. Shanghai Journal Acu-Mox. 2011;1:22-3.
- Li P. Clinical Research of Catgut-embedding Treatment for Lumbar Disc Herniation. Journal of Clinical Acupuncture and Moxibustion. 2007;9:46-7.
- Wang D, Lin XJ. 28 Cases of Lumbar Disc Herniation with Catgut-embedding Therapy. Henan Traditional Chinese medicine. 2009;11:1116-7.
- Zhou WP. Catgut-embedding Treatment of Lumbar disc Herniation 52 cases. China Practical Medical. 2006;9:60-1.
- Li YH. Clinical Observation on Treatment of Acupuncture Combined with Catgut Implatation at Acupoint Treatment of Vertebral Disc Herniation. Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine. 2013.
- Li YQ, Lu L, Chen XL, Xu JL. Small Needle Knife Therapy with Catgut-embedding Treatment of Lumbar Disc Herniation. Chinese Acupuncture & Moxibustion. 2010;S1:30-2.
- Zhang HF, Hao YS, Shi SX, Li ZC, Li ZA, Dai JR, Zheng SG. Ozone Melts Nuclear Technique and Herbal Medicine, Catgut-embedding on Lumbar Disc Herniation. Chinese Journal of Traditional Medical Traumatology & Orthopeics. 2008;1:59-60.
- Huang DW. Therapeutic Observation of Acupoint Threadembedding Plus Acupuncture for Lumbar Intervertebral Disc Herniation. Shanghai Journal Acu-Mox. 2014;33(3):254-5.
- Zhang Y, Song ZJ, Wang XS. Injection Needle Scalpel Therapy and Catgut-embedding Therapy for Lumber Disc Herniation. The Journal of Traditional Chinese Orthopedics and Traumatology. 2004;10:19-20.
- Zhao LM, Cui JY. Clinical Observation of Lumbar Disc Herniation 98 Cases Treated by Small Needle Knife Therapy and Catgut-embedding Therapy. Hebei Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2012;6:878-9.
- Xie HU, Lan WH, Chen Liping, Zhang JW. Clinical Observation on Acupoint Thread-Embedding Combined with Tendon-relaxing and Lumber-strengthening Decoction in Treatment of 43 Lumbar Disc Herniation Cases. World Science and Technology/Modernization of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Materia Medica. 2014;2:416-20.
- Chen ZW. Electroacupuncture and Catgut-embedding Therapy in Treatment of 54 Lumbar Disc Herniation Cases. Shaanxi Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2004;25(8):744-745.
- S.Breant Brotzman, Robert C. Manske. Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilition. 3rd. Seoul:HanMi medicine. 2012;491-2.
- Jo SP. Manual of Catgut-embedding Plastic Therapy. Sinheung-med Science. 2013;129-31.
- The Effect of Thread Embedding Acupuncture on Lumbar Herniated Intervertebral Disc Patients : A Retrospective Study vol.33, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13045/acupunct.2016053
- Clinical research on the efficacy and safety of thread-embedding acupuncture for treatment of herniated intervertebral disc of the lumbar spine: a protocol for a multicenter, randomized, patient–assessor blinded, controlled, parallel, clinical trial vol.19, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1186/s13063-018-2864-4