- Volume 25 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Chuna for Thoracic in Patients with Nuchal Pain, Seven Cases Report
흉추의 추나요법을 시행한 경항통 환자 치험 7례 보고
- Cho, Dong-In (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Se-Myung University) ;
- Yoon, Jeong-won (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Se-Myung University) ;
- Kim, Soon-Joong (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Se-Myung University) ;
- Park, Dong-Su (Department of Korean Rehabilitation Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Se-Myung University)
- 조동인 (세명대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 윤정원 (세명대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 김순중 (세명대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실) ;
- 박동수 (세명대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학과교실)
- Received : 2015.09.18
- Accepted : 2015.10.02
- Published : 2015.10.31
Objectives The purpose of this study is to investigate the clinical application of chuna for thoracic in the patients with nuchal pain. Methods Seven patients were treated by chuna for thoracic to evaluate the effect of the treatment. The patient's symptoms were assessed by visual analogue scale (VAS), neck disability index (NDI) and cervical lordotic curvature. Results In all cases, the pain was reduced according to VAS, NDI. Cervical lordotic curvature of 6 cases were improved in terms of Jackson's angle. 5 cases were improved in terms of Depth of cervical curve and Method of Jochumsen. 4 cases were improved in terms of Angle of cervical curve (C2~C7) and Ishihara index. 3 cases were improved in terms of Angle of cervical curve (C1~C7). Conclusions These results suggest that chuna on thoracic might be an effective method to treat nuchal pain with extension malposition of thoracic. But, it's necessary to have more observations and experiments.
Supported by : 세명대학교
- Wang WT, Olson SL, Campbell AH, Hanten WP, Gleeson PB. Effectiveness of physical therapy for patients with neck pain: an individualized approach using a clinical decision-making algorithm. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. 2003;82(3):203-18. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.PHM.0000052700.48757.CF
- Jeong HG, Kang YK. 2009 Health insurance statistics list. National health insurance service. Seoul:Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. 2010.
- Shirley Sahrmann. Movement system impairment syndromes of the extremities, cervical, and thoracic spines.. Seoul:Elsevier. 2011;61-3, 123-6.)
- Choi SY. Pain treatment manual for korean medicine doctor part2. Seoul:Shin-Heung mediscience. 2013:276.
- Gonzalez-Iglesias J, Fernandez-de-las-Penas C, Cleland JA, Alburquerque-Sendin F, Palomeque-del-Cerro L, Mendez-Sanchez R. Inclusion of thoracic spine thrust manipulation into an electro-therapy/thermal program for the management of patients with acute mechanical neck pain: a randomized clinical trial. Man Ther. 2009;14(3):306-13 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.math.2008.04.006
- Choi YJ, Yoo SB, Moon BH, Chung JH, Yun YU, Kim KH, Nam HW, Lee CR. Report for correlation between the measurement of thoracic kyphosis and the herniation of cervical intervertebral disc of neck pain patients who visit korean medicine hospital. The Journal of Korea CHUNA Manual Medicine for Spine&Nerves. 2015;10(1):63-74.
- Vernon H, Minor S. The Neck Disability Index: a study of reliability and validity. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics. 1991;14(7):409-15.
- Terry RY, Lindsay JR. Essentuals of skeletal radiology. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkens 1. 1987:152-3.
- Korean society of chuna manual medicine for spine & nerves. Chuna manual medicine. 2nd ed. Seoul: Korean Society of chuna manual medicine for spine & nerves. 2014:67-8, 143-4.
- The Academy of Korean Acupuncture&Moxibustion Society. Korean Acupuncture &Moxibustion Medicine. Paju: Jipmoon-dang. 2012:504.
- Kwon SJ, Song HS. The effect of Bee-venom acupuncture on neck pain. The journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2004;21(4):75-84.
- Cailiet R. Soft tissue pain and disability, vertebra and the limbs pain. Seoul: Daihak Publishing Co. 1994:162-4.
- Cailliet R. Mechanism of pain in the neck and from the neck. Philadelphia:Neck and arm pain. 3rd ed. 1991:348-67.14.
- Florence P. Kendall Elizabeth K. McCreary, Patricia G. Provance, Mary M. Rodgers, William A. Romani Muscles: testing and function with posture and pain.5th ed Seoul: Hanmi Medical Publishing Co. 2006:60-72.
- Myers TW. Anatomy Trains. Seoul:Hyunmoonsa. 2005:56-61.
- Cobb JR. Outline for the Study of Scoliosis.Instructional Course Lectures. 1948;5:261-275.
- Harrison DE, Harrison DD, Cailliet R, Troyanovich SJ, Janik TJ, Holland B. Cobb method or Harrison posterior tangent method: whick to choose for lateral cervical radiographic analysis. Spine. 2000;25(16):2072-8. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-200008150-00011
- Jackson R. The classic : The cervical syndrome. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010;468(7): 1739-45. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-010-1278-8
- Gore DR, Sepic SB, Gardner GM, Murray MP. Neck pain: a long term follow-up of 205 patients. Spine. 1987;12(1):1-5. https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-198701000-00001
- Ishihara A. Roentgenographic studies on the normal pattern of the cervical curvature. J Jpn Orthop Assoc. 1968;42(11):1033-44.
- Borden AGB, Rechtman AM, Gershon-Cohen J. The normal cervical lordosis. Radiology. 1960;74(5):806-10. https://doi.org/10.1148/74.5.806
- Jochumsen OH. The curve of cervical spine. ACA J Chiro. 1970;4:49-55.
- Weir DC. Roentgenographic signs of cervical injury. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1975;109:9-17. https://doi.org/10.1097/00003086-197506000-00003
- William MC, John AG, Richard L. Twelve significant signs of cervical spine trauma. Skeletal Radiology. 1979;3(4):201-5. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00360936
- Gore DR, Sepic SB, Gardner GM. Roentgenographic findings of the cervical spine in asymptomatic people. Spine. 1986;11(6):521-4 https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-198607000-00003
- Mayoux-Benhamou MA, Revel M, Vallee C. Longus colli has a postural function on cervical curvature. Surg Radiol Anat. 1994;16(4): 367-71. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01627655
- Kim DM, Ha SY, Cho SY, Kim YS, Nam SS. The study about the correlation between cervical hypolordosis and neck pain. The journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2008;25(5):69-76.
- Foreman SM, Croft AC. Whiplash injuries. Seoul:Chuna. 2000;325-9, 448.