- Volume 25 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Case Report of Genu Varum by Chuna Therapy and Schroth Excercise
선천성 내반슬에 대한 추나요법 및 내반슬 교정장치 사용 증례보고
- Kwon, Min-Goo (Chung-Yeon Oriental Hospital) ;
- Kim, Sung-Tae (Chung-Yeon Oriental Hospital) ;
- Lee, Eun-Ji (Chung-Yeon Oriental Hospital) ;
- Shin, Hyun-Kwon (Chung-Yeon Oriental Hospital) ;
- Koh, Yong-Jun (Chung-Yeon Oriental Hospital) ;
- Kang, Su-Woo (Chung-Yeon Oriental Hospital) ;
- Na, Je-Il (Chung-Yeon Oriental Hospital) ;
- Sul, Jae-Uk (Chung-Yeon Oriental Hospital) ;
- Jo, Hun-Jung (Chung-Yeon Oriental Hospital) ;
- Jung, Pil-Sun (Chung-Yeon Oriental Hospital) ;
- Lee, Sang-Young (Chung-Yeon Oriental Hospital) ;
- Jeong, Ji-Won (Mokpo Oriental Medical Hospital, Dongshin University)
- 권민구 (청연한방병원) ;
- 김성태 (청연한방병원) ;
- 이은지 (청연한방병원) ;
- 신현권 (청연한방병원) ;
- 고용준 (청연한방병원) ;
- 강수우 (청연한방병원) ;
- 나재일 (청연한방병원) ;
- 설재욱 (청연한방병원) ;
- 조현정 (청연한방병원) ;
- 정필선 (청연한방병원) ;
- 이상영 (청연한방병원) ;
- 정지원 (동신대학교 목포한방병원)
- Received : 2015.09.22
- Accepted : 2015.10.18
- Published : 2015.10.31
Objectives The purpose of this study was to assess the efficacy of Chuna and Stylex device treatment in patients with genu varum. Methods 2 patients (21/male, 40/female) with genu varum were recruited in this study. Chuna treatment at pelvic, and stylex device treatment at both legs were applied to all participants. Outcomes were assessed using Q-angle (Quadriceos angle), TFA (Tibiovemoral angle), Distance of both sides patella. Results 1. Distance of both sides patella were decrease in all case. 2. Q-angel and TFA were decrease in case 1. but slight invrease in case 2. Conclusions This study showed that Chuna and Stlyex divice treatments could be used as an effective method for decrease distance of both sides patella. but Q-angle and TFA need more research on whether proper assessment as a measure of genu varum.
- Kendall FP, Mccreary EK, Provance PG. Muscle testing and function with posture and pain. Lippincott. Wiilliams&Wilkins. 2005:235-298
- The Korean Orthopaedic Association. Orthopaedics. The 6th edition. 2006:712-3
- KS Kim, JS Lee. The Effect of Chuna Manual and Taping Treatment on Genu Varum. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2010;20(3):93-106.
- HW Park, SY Joo, JS Park, KB Park, HW Kim. Causes and Surgical Treatment of Idiopathic Genu Vara. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2007;42(2):264-9.
- SY Kwon, JH Jung, JH Yang. Effects of Elastic Band Exercise for 8 weeks on Interval of Knee joint, Foot Pressure and Pain for Adult Women with Genu Varum according to surface. The Korean Society of Sports Science . 2013;22(3):1109-19.
- GY Choi, JK KIM, MY Choi, MK Kim, HJ Lee, YJ Jung, KH Lee, MR Park, MJ Kwon, ME Yang, YS Jung, DH Kim, HS Kim. The Effects of Exercise Programs on Genu Varum Persons. Journal of the Korean Society of Integrative Medicine. 2013;1(1):87-96. https://doi.org/10.15268/ksim.2013.1.1.087
- SJ Kim, JC Kim, MJ Jang, WS Jang. Ideal Body & Meridian Pathways Program has Conducted 12 Weeks of Middle-Aged Woman's Identity is not Varus Deformity Correction Minor Impact on Alignment. The Korean Journal of Ideal Body & Meridian Pathways. 2010;2(2):1-11.
- WH Cho, HK Kim, DE Lee, WH Park, YY Cha. Effect of Patients with Genu Varum on Device for Correcting Bowleg: 4 Cases Report. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2010;20(3):131-7.
- Korean Society of Chuna manual Medicine for Spine & Nerve. Chuna manual medicine. The 2th edition 2014:117-8, 183-5, 234-5
- Bauer GC, Insall J, Kosino T. Tibial osteotomy in gonarthrosis(Osteo-arthritis of the knee). J Bone Joint Surg. 1969;51-A:1545-63 https://doi.org/10.2106/00004623-196951080-00005
- SH Kang, WJ Lee, TY Kim. Possible Effects of Applying Rehabilitation Program upon Bowlegged Undergraduates' COG(Center of Gravity) Oscillation and its Correction. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies 2009;35(2):1061-72
- SS Kim, CH Kim, KH Kim, MS Ko, HC Ryu. Treatment of Idiopathic Genu Varum Using Tibiofibular Osteotomy and External Fixation. The Journal of the Korean Orthopaedic Association. 2006;41(3):527-32
- SK Moon The influence of the genu varum and the genu valgum on malalignment of the lower limb. Journal of Korean academy of orthopaedic manual therapy. 2000;6(2):31-8