- Volume 20 Issue 10
In this paper we propose a resource management scheme which allocates hierarchical resources stepwise based on the users' QoS requirement of each service in the macro-femtocell overlaid LTE-Advanced network. Our proposed scheme adjusts the transmission rate to the minimum which guarantees the allowable minimum requirement of delay for each user service. In this way it minimizes the interference on the adjacent channels and it is able to increase the resource utilization efficiency. Simulation results show that our scheme provides better performances than the conventional one in respect of the outage probability and data transmission throughput.
Resource Allocation;Macro/Femtocell;QoS;Multimedia Services
- H. Claussen, D. Calin, "Macrocell Offloading Benefits in Joint Macro and Femtocell Deployments," Proceedings of International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communication, Sep. 2009.
- N. Saquib, E. Hossain, L.B Le and D.I Kim, "Interference Management in OFDMA Femtocell Networks: Issues and Approaches," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 86-95, Jun. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/MWC.2012.6231163
- V. Chandrasekhar and J. G. Andrews, "Femtocell Networks: A Survey," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 46, No. 9, pp.59-67, Jan. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2008.4623708
- J. Zhang, Q. Zhang, and T. Jiang, "Spectrum Leasing to Femto Service Provider with Hybrid Access," Proceeding of IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 1215-1223, 2012.
- J. Lee and M. Lee, "Resource Allocation Scheme for Macro-Femtocell Overlaid LTE-Advanced Networks," Journal of the Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol. 19 No. 12, pp. 81-89, Dec. 2014.
- M. Vondra, Z. Becvar, "Connection Cost Based Handover Decision for Offloading Macrocells by Femtocells," Proceeding of Wired/Wireless Internet Communication International Conference, pp. 208-219, Jun. 2012.
- D. Xenakis, N. Passas, L. Merakos, and C. Verikoukis, "Mobility Management for Femtocells in LTE-Advanced: Key Aspects and Survey of Handover Decision Algorithms," IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, No. 99, pp. 1-28, Jul. 2013.
- J. Lee and M. Lee, "A Resource Management and Allocation Scheme for Multiple Multimedia Service in Heterogeneous Networks," Journal of the Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 141-149, Jan. 2012.
- S. Uygungelen, G. Auer, and Z. Bharucha, "Graph-based Dynamic Frequency Reuse in Femtocell Networks," Proceedings of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, pp. 1-6, May 2011.
- G. Roche, A. Valcarce, D. Lopez-Perez, and J. Zhang, "Access Control Mechanisms for Femtocells," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 48, No. 1, pp.33-39, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2010.5394027
- J. Lee and M. Lee, "A QoS Provisioning Based on Load Balancing for Hand-over in OFDMA System," Journal of the Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol. 18 No. 2, pp. 59-68, Feb. 2013.
- J. Lee and M. Lee, "Interrelation Based Resource Allocation Scheme for Mobile Multimedia Networks," Journal of the Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol. 15 No. 8, pp. 79-87, Oct. 2010.
- M. Hunukumbure, T. Moulsley, and S. Vadgama, "A Dynamic Resource Allocation Algorithm as a Green Technology for 4G Advanced Networks," Proceedings of IEEE World Telecommunications Congress, pp. 1-5, Mar. 2012.
- H. Jung and J. Lee, "Downlink Power Allocation of the OFDMA Femtocell for Inter-cell Interference Mitigation," Journal of KICS, Vol. 35, No. 8, pp. 743-751, Apr. 2010.
- J. Lee, M. Lee, "Green Resource Allocation with QoS Supporting in OFDMA Cellular Networks", International Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology, Vol. 5, No. 12, pp. 612-621, 2013.
- J. Lee and M. Lee, "Sub-channel Allocation Based on Multi-level Priority in OFDMA Systems," KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, Vol. 7, No.8, pp. 1876-1889, Aug. 2013. https://doi.org/10.3837/tiis.2013.08.008
- Guidelines for the Evaluation of Radio Transmission Technologies for IMT-2000, Recommendation ITU-R M.1225, 1997.
- P. Kyosti et al., "WINNER II Channel Models," IST-WINNER II D1.1.2, Nov. 2007.
- 3GPP TR R1-050255, "Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA); Downlink Transmission Scheme," Apr. 2005.
- J. Feng and M. Tao, " Hypergraph-based Frequency Reuse in Dense Femtocell Networks," Proceeding of IEEE/CIC International Conference on Communications in China, pp. 537-542, Aug. 2013.
- A.U. Ahmed, F. Aziz, T.M. Masum, "Resource Allocation in Hybrid Access Control Femtocell Network Targeting Inter-cell Interference Reduction," International Conference on Electrical Information and Communication Technology, pp. 1-5, Aug. 2013.